Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Misha.... Mishamishamisha

Can I kill her and not feel guilty? lol ... jk, I wuvs her with all my heart!

She is very smart, and quite "in tune" with my moods She can hide her heats pretty well, she knows that that sound makes me want to smash my head betweentwo rocks :( and I feel bad because shes just doing what her body is telling her to, infact, his is the first heat shes had in a loooooooooooooong long time, granted shes only a year two months old... Once we had those kittens, no mor heats, se had her pay dirt lol even if they weren't hers, she just kept stealing them,it was cute, but so dangeous for the babies! because mom didn't care, and would let her! She picked Ziggy out in the way beginning, so I kept him, once mom and the other fosters and babies had found homes, and Misha had him all to her self though! She went through the whol thing, false pregnancy, lactating, she fed Ziggy long after his mom had weaned him, he none of the babies in this litter were obcessed about their mom, they want to feed, and she walksaway, fine, we'll go eat from the dish! noprob! .. thy made it so easy!

Well, now Ziggy is getting on 6 months old and is roughhousing with "daddy" (Tigger, fixed three year old dear to me heart sonlike figure) and less likely to go to "mama" for lickins ( although she does chirp to him allll the time to find out where he is, and he freeeeeaks for a few moments if I leave him in the room by himself with out her, but can, admittendly control himself and i think he just gets distrated and forgets lol)

anyway, The first night was ****... this ugly, raspy, "some one shoved a broken chicken bone up my butt" yowl I mean.. like seriously? I'd yell at her and tell her to quit it, a few seconds of quiet bfore the little mewls escalated to death... She only stays quiet for a while if I really get on her case, get out of bed, hunker over her, and scare the poo nearly out of her... she'll sulk on the cat tree, for maybe 5 minuets, before she hops down and climbs into bed with me... I think after all this tme, she no longer takes me seriously lol...

Its better now, I can occationly hear a half volume chicken bone call while dwn on the computer right now, but other than mybe twice, silence...

I'm hesatant to get her fixed right away because I use her to rehab new kittens, it takes almost nothing for her to lactate, nd shes an awesome teacher, I think she could benifit many babies who would have otherwise missed out on that unique mom cat raising, I'm very close to my vet, and he gets unfortunate babies looking for foster moms all the time in... :( I will never let her have babies of her own, and she will never be an outside cat ( only on leashes, and anyways, and follows me around) And of course Ziggy is getting his peaches plucked :p

What are the pros and cons, and are their ways, to help her go through heats without feeling that need to scream like that... It was only bad that one night, and honesty not much since then, do heats generally last long? idk, I'm not utd on cat breeding lol, I'm more of a fish/rodent breeder when it comes to knowledge!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You really need to get her spayed..it is extremely (as you can hear), frustrating and uncomfortable for her if she is in heat and can't mate.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
You need to get Mischa spayed. It is detrimental to have here going in and out of heats, and every heat cycle she goes through makes her at higher risk of developing mammary cancer. Don't do this to her. She is miserable being in heat.
And do keep your Ziggy separated from Mischa or he will mate with her as he is old enough to produce sperm. You should get his "peaches plucked" right away before he starts fighting with his dad, and do get Mischa spayed as soon as she's finished this heat. Don't be guilty of contributing to pet overpopulation, please.

Can Cats Develop Breast Cancer? - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have since emailed my local angel connection, and at this point waiting a response Ziggy is a bit of a booger, and just acts so immature that I don't think of him as being reproductive...

I have talked with my vet about having a number of pet rats of mine spayed/neutered, I don't know if he will give me a deal on sending two kitties in.... Thats something I could check out I'm good for volunteering, maybe I could do that to work it off, Misha is due for her one year rabies on dec.12th.... I'll let you know what I find out..

But if you could answerer my other question if it is answerable, will misha still be attracted to kittens and able to be a foster mom, obviously she wont be able to feed them, but shes a super teacher, and I would like to be able to foster young kitties still, and have her still be happy about it... I just don't know how much "maternal" origionates from thebrain, and how much from her organs... off to see what research I can dig up

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
That's a question I think is unanswerable. It's possible her kitty interest will continue afterward, but it may not. Some females aren't interested in kitties until after they've had a litter, and it's a rare queen who will show distinterest in her kitties and will not nurse them. But it does happen.

·
Registered
366 Posts
if she lactates easily, neutering her will not change her.I neutered a cat and when my other cat had a huge litter of kittens, little miss "I'm spayed" helped raise AND nurse all of the kittens. It is cruel to keep her intact and not let her have kittens. It is ridiculous to let her continue to have kittens.

and to answer your question, the longer she's in heat unfulfilled, the louder and more miserable she's going to get because her lovers have not yet found her. (and they eventually will!)

spay the poor kitty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
umm.. She has never had a litter, never will, I love her too much to risk her like that... If you walk the streets where she was found at 2 weeks old abandoned, several young cats have her face/bone structure, if I want another of her, I'll pluck another off the street ;) I've pulled 5 cats off those streets, 5 others who were going to end up on those streets and fed numeous others.... I am well versed in the problems of people not spaying and neutering, and overpopulation... please stop preaching my sermon...

My main question was if she would still have the ability to produce milk after she was spayed, she loves babies so much, that I wanted to let her help make a difference in the lives of kittens that have uncertain futures... I planned all long to have her spayed... And ziggy was planned from the start to be neutered, atleast before her... still no call backfrom either vet or angel connetion, i assume cause its sunday...

so I would appreciate it if everyone would take a step off me, so we can start over with less hissing so to speak...

oh... I checked my animal calander, and then mine... cause the strangest thing happened today... I started my period... I don't have them, drs don't know why, but i maybe have 2 a year... lately its been every 3/4 months... the last time I had one was when misha had her heat... and now again... is it possible to be in sync with a cat??? i know its an odd question... but this seems too strange to be a coincidence

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
My main question was if she would still have the ability to produce milk after she was spayed, she loves babies so much, that I wanted to let her help make a difference in the lives of kittens that have uncertain futures...
I don't think anyone can tell you for sure whether she will still produce milk. Mimitabby said she had a cat that did, so obviously it's possible, but no guarantees for your cat. But...I think it's more important to give her relief from heat cycles than to have her feed foster kittens. She will certainly feel the effects of ongoing heats if she isn't spayed. But letting "her help make a difference in the lives of kittens that have uncertain futures" is your desire and one she will have no idea that she missed out on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sry, I mean to say, before, that that was my main question, and it had been answered :) thanks..

yeah, i do spose she wouldn't know she missed out on it... Just waiting for a vet call back though about sending them in either way, get a quote on the both of them, if I cn't affordto send them both in the same time, ill send zigger first, then next pay check Misha.... should happen some time next week

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.