Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm in the bathroom, showering, even up to an hour, my cat will sit outside quietly. Why? LOL, do they just like being near you? Is that what it is?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My cat sits on the toilet or counter in the bathroom, for however long I'm I'm there, no matter what I'm doing! Getting ready, showering, whatever. It cracks me up. And it's every single time :)

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
38 Posts
They just love you... or the bathroom! My Red cat bolts to the bathroom whenever I head that direction. He comes in, and does this weird happy tail twitching thing (he's never sprayed, and I've never seen a cat spray, but I feel like the tail twitching is similar to that sort of movement the way my husband describes it) then runs figure eights around my legs the entire time I'm in there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rocky sits between the shower curtains and watches me take a shower. He throws himself against the door if I do not let him in :)

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
Cali jumps onto the window sill IN the shower and hangs out with me.

·
Registered
979 Posts
When I'm having a bath Io will perch on the edge and hang out with me. She even relaxes to the point where her tail will plop in the water. I think it's adorable.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mine have each staked out a bathroom. Ruby waits in the bathroom attached to the master bedroom. Pippi prefers the bathtub in the spare bathroom. Quietly they wait.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I'm in the bathroom, it's like adventure time for both of my kitties! They hop in the tub, run circles around and behind the toilet, (gross so I blocked that off.. Ew) and are just very curious. I have the door shut when I'm not in there to minimize the mess they make in the house.

Every time I shower though I have the door shut because my bathrooms not big enough to get into the tub with the door open, and each time I open the door after, Angus is sitting there with his head cocked wondering just what in the world I am doing. So cute :)

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones to be able to shut the door! When I come out, though, I look down and there are almost always little orange feet near the edge of the door.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Wow I haven't been able to shut the door to the washroom in ages. Lol. Youre lucky... I usually have three cats and a dog in there with me. :p when I shower Anna who hates water hangs out at the doorway waiting. Sasha, rolls around on the bathmat waiting for me to come out and give her attention . Sophie prances around the washroom squeeking for me to come out. Lol

·
Registered
804 Posts
My cats love laying in the sink. Tugs used to hang out between the shower curtains when I was shower too, until the day when he slipped and fell in... I've never seen a cat bolt so fast! hahaha

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
My cats escape the bathroom when I take a shower or flush the toilet. But they like to use their litter box, which is next to the toilet throne, while I'm on the throne. I also tend to use the toilet when one of them is in the litter box. I guess we all like company...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Haha, my cat does that too! I think it's cute, every time I open the bathroom door he's lying down right there waiting for me. I have to be careful I don't hit him with the door though

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oh my goodness! Now I will never again complain when Orry comes into the bathroom and "chirps" at me to get out of the tub. lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
My male cat use to open the shower door. needless to say he doesn't do it. i had the shower head off it a removable shower and he was sprayed by accident.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts