Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oldest cat (9 years) Zoee starting doing this about 4 years ago.

She will get a toy (usually the same 4 or 5) then she carries it in her mouth and does this deep meow. She will walk to wherever my boyfriend or I are at and drop the toy. She also does it when we are not home. Sometimes I come home and there are a bunch of toys left by the front door. I alway just take it and thank her for bringing it.

Does anyone else have a cat that does this? Anyone know why she does it?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hahaha it is funny you mention this - Bart my mother-in-law's old cat (old as in over 16 years of age!) loves toys and does this exact same thing.
We thank him for brining us the mice and try to make him play fetch ..sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't...but he is incredibly adorable nonetheless. He gets also gets treats for bringing us his preys - we are honored to share the mice with him *yum* :lol:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Ha! Our kitten is actually doing this as I type. :) He has a plush monkey that he likes to bite at the neck and carry around with him like it's his kill of the day. He brings it to us, we praise him and take it, then we toss it across the room, he chases it down, "kills it", then brings it back to us, etc.

Ooop...he's worn out. :lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
My cat Magic is constantly bringing us "gifts". Usually a toy mouse, or a spring. He LOVES playing fetch, and could play all day....so whenever he brings us a toy we play a game of fetch with him.

·
Registered
465 Posts
She might want you to play fetch with her! That's what Clover did and we would thank her, then throw it for her again, and she'd keep bringing it back.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
That's really sweet! That has always been Precious' favorite game. However, her mousies have to be rolled up cardboard, not the catnip mice I buy. She plays with those on her own, throws them up in the air, etc. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Callie does that too, he has a little mouse and a black ball that he loves playing with...tossing in the air, batting around, and such. Whenever he's not playing with them, he keeps them both securely stored in his food dish. :lol:

sprat

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will have to try throwing it and seeing if she will play fetch. She could use the exercise too :lol:

·
Registered
252 Posts
They do that to kind of seek your approval, like a cat may kill a mouse and bring it to you. Kitty is sharing with you and showing you what she has done. And likely wants you to play also. I think it's so cute! :D

·
Registered
637 Posts
We had a cat do this when I was a kid she would bring her sometimes live mice to the front door and meow until we petted her and told her what a good job she had done. After that she would eat them. I know, ugh!! One time the mouse actually ran inside our house and we had to have her go catch it. She was a great mouser.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts