Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized the other day when I was drawing that Gato likes eating paper, or at least chewing on it as he nibbled the corner of my masterpiece. And today I caught him eating (or chewing) on a magazaine! Whyyyy does my kitty do this? (He also tried to eat my colored pencils, drug them out of the box and everything so idk maybe he just loves art)

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
MowMow doesn't eat paper but it is his mission to destroy all sheets of paper and shred them into tiny tiny bits.

Shepherd Book is my paper eater. He hunkers down and chows down on it like it's a rare steak...BLECH.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you can see my little art lover laying on top of my doodles AND you can see the corner he already nibbled!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It's so weird some of the things they are attracted to eating. Sammy does the exact same thing as that but mostly with photos. Oh and he did it to some of my birthday cards this year too except they ha teeth marks all over them, not just on the corners!
P.S I love Gato's eyes and teeny white 'sock'.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well, I guess as Krissy said some cats just have secret missions assigned, and there's nothing we can do about it.

For instance my cats:

Gatito's secret mission : Bite and destroy all corners, regardless of material. Paper, tables, magazines, organizers chairs laptops and tablets, for instance. So judging by your pictures, we could assume that all cats named Gato or Gatito are assigned to corners.

Chikis: Assigned to chew paper. Toilet paper is his priority.

Rulos: Assigned to destroy all bags, including grocery store bags, paper bags, wrapped presents, rice, pasta, plant fertilizer, litter, anything that comes in a bag, Rulos is there with a ready claw.

Ice's recently discovered secret mission is chattering when I sneeze. Faked sneezes work as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Gato, Gatito. Cat, Kitten loooove it! lol!
It seems to me that Gato just likes art in general, like I said he drug out my colored pencils and tried to chew on them, he was very upset when I took them away (it was very cute though!)

Nekos secret mission remains a mystery to me O.O Which is kinda scary!

I want to seeee a vid of ice chattering when you sneeze!

·
Banned
24 Posts
Well i have the exactly same problem with one of my cats, i asked to his veterinary and she said: "Cats are a magic box, maybe he is boring, maybe he is try to call your atention", but now he starts to eat and scratching all kind of paper... important things, toillet paper, books, etc.... now we bought "feliway" is like a deo for cats, and doesnt work at all.... :/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts