Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious....she has a favorite spot (our bedroom-how nice) that she has vomited in twice now....and afterwards she tries to paw the carpet over it like it's her litter.

So I'm curious, why doesn't she just vomit in the litter box??

·
Registered
122 Posts
do you clean the area with an enzyme cleaner? the smell may still be there and kitty may think it's ok to vomit there.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
cats arent trained to vomit in the litter box. It's like having a kid hold it in long enough to get to the toilet. When a kid needs to throw up, its happening in the next 30 seconds!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Here's what I think happens.

Kitty's not feeling well, so she goes to her favorite spot because it's warm and comfortable and she has good memories of it. While she's lying there she starts to feel nauseated. She's in her warm, comfy spot and sees no need to go somewhere like linoleum where it's cold and hard, so she vomits in the favorite spot instead.

Cats don't think about how hard it is to clean vomit out of carpet. They vomit on carpet because it's more comfortable than vomiting on tile or linoleum. If Sabby is on linoleum or tile when he begins to vomit, he hightails it for carpeting (much to my chagrin).

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you gotta puke you gotta puke- regardless of where you are. Cats included.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Gosh, I wish cats would throw up in the litterbox! :wink:
Seriously though, like everyone has said, that is not their nature to search out their litterbox when they need to throw up. As I have stated in previous posts if Velvet were standing on tile and felt the urge I think she would run to the carpet to puke. :roll:

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
When Sugar used to throw up, it was always on carpet. One time she did it by the litterbox and I was so proud of her. Anyways, they're not going to puke in the litterbox, just like everyone said, cats like carpet! :p

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Why doesn't she vomit in the litter box?

The only time Jimmy has thrown up, he conveniently selected a mat in the hall that had seen better days. So I just picked up the mat and threw it away, puke and all!
BTW, the reason he puked was that he had helped himself to some very rich pate which we had carelessly left unattended!

seashell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts