Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scooter, my kitten, went into the vet a few weeks ago to get his first FIP vaccination. Not too long after that, he started sneezing and sniffling. Since there was no change in behavior, and no nasal or eye discharge, and definitely no loss of appetite, we decided to wait until he went back to the vet for his follow up.

Monday, we went back to the vet, and I told her about the sniffling and sneezing. How it's especially prominent after he wakes up, either from a deep sleep or a light nap. So the vet listened to his lungs, and she didn't think he had an URI. She just said to watch for nose drips and behavior changes, including loss of appetite.

But if he doesn't have a cold, then why is the kitten so sniffly? He sniffles when he purrs. It's adorable, lol, but it worries me.

Oh yeah... Scooter's 7 lbs now! He was only 2 lbs when we first brought him in! Aww, my baby boy's getting big :D

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Yup your kitty is sure getting big alright! Sometimes my cat Sugar sniffles but very rarely. I dont know why your cat is doing it or how to fix it but hope your cat gets better :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Peanut also sniffles, almost snores sometimes! When she was a very young kitten it was very noticeable, my friend who was visiting her for the first time said "boy she's quite the squeaker!" Since then it has subsided, I thought maybe it was an allergy to her litter so I changed it. Haven't heard it much since then. Maybe that'll work for you?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who knows... it's just odd that it started not too long after he had to sniff that stuff up his nose :?

It actually hasn't been as prominent that past couple days, so maybe it's going away... *crosses fingers*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts