Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

The keeps on lifting its backside upwards, why is doing this? sorry for sounding stupid :D

is there something wrong? or doesnt it want some... :evil:

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
It's not exactly clear what you mean, but are you saying that your cat keeps lifting his bottom up high while the rest of him stays low?

If so:
Is your cat a male or female?
if your cat is female is she in heat?
Are you touching your cat when he or she lifts his back end up?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe, sorry about being unclear

the cats female, what do you mean by heat? No no ones touching the cat when she lifts its backend up, but if you do touch her, she raises it even further.

Shes not doing it as much now...was a few hours ago.

thanks again

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
A cat in heat means she is in season- able to get pregnant, if you are not sure keep her away from males and dont let her out, or she WILL come back pregnant.

My cats lift their back end up when i smooth them down, when vienna was in heat she went around with her bottom in the air, offering herself.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
When female cats are ready to mate with a male we call that "heat." You might also call it being "in season." Someone else may have better definition of it, but that's the best I can do for now. If she's in heat she may be getting in a position to accept a male partner and make some kittens.

All cats generally like to have the on their backs right above their tail scratched. Usually they'll raise their hind quarters up in response to being touched there. Even my male cat does it, but only if I touch him.

I don't have much experience with female cats, so anyone with more experience may have a better explanation for you.

Edit: Oooh, simulpost :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Pretty much echo what everyone's already said. If your cat has not been spayed, that behavior would be consistent with going into heat (wanting to make babies). If this is the case, please take your cat to your vet soon so she can be spayed, and meanwhile, please don't let her get out.

If she's already had her spay, then you can put this into the "cute and quirky" category of cat behavior. Both my girl kitties do this when I pet them. Kayla will stick her butt waaaaay up into the air so I can scratch her sweet spot at the top end of her tail. It's normal and lots of cats do this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts