Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, why wont my cat ever sit on my lap, yet likes when i pick her up and hold her like a baby!

what are some good ways to play with my cat btw. i do not know what toys to buy etc.

new user :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts
Some cats aren't lap cats. But they can also change at any time.

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts
:grin2:

For toys, laser pointer, boxes, stick-and-string toys, balled up paper, paper bags, etc.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Your cat is absolutely adorable.....love her acqua colored eyes!

Some cats just aren't lap cats. Generally speaking IME, males are suckier than females for lapsitting. Some will sit for brief periods, but then want to get down, especially longhairs like Main Coones or Persians, as they get too warm sitting on a lap. Interesting tho that she likes to be held as a baby---so just enjoy, not every cat likes to be held that way!

Yes, fishing pole type of toys that have feathers attached, like "Da Bird" are very popular with cats if you flick it around and drag it on the ground, and let your cat pounce on it and catch it. Always put the toy away in an unreachable spot as some cats will eat the feathers. Cats also like it if you drag a cord (window blind cord) around in a snakelike manner, especially if you make it go under furniture. Cats also like food puzzles, like the "Kong" and will roll it around to get treats out of it or bat at it with a paw. Some cats will retrieve a small stuffed mousie toy to bring back to be thrown again, or a paper/foil ball, or bat a ping pong ball around.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
'Cause last time he/she did you stuffed them into a sweater?

ha ha! too funny. :wink2:

but yeah, like others said - enjoy your little girl for her own personality. my heart kitty didn't like being picked up OR sitting in laps, but we were incredibly bonded in other ways and I wouldn't have had it any other way. still miss just putting my arm around her and reading to her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts