Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I witness something pretty disturbing. The alpha male in my neighborhood feral group was mounted by another male. To an kid's eye, the top cat was giving the bottom a back massage with it's hind leg, and the bottom just sat there submissively. Is this some kind of dominance behavior, or are they just confused?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Could be dominance, or sexual frustration if there are no females around in heat. The "back massage" with the hind leg is what a stud cat does to get the female to elevate her bum. If you pet or pat a female in heat, she will automatically stick up her bum. Maybe the alpha male puts up with this as he just likes the "massage". :wink

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that's sexual frustration. the top has been whining for some time now, and he tried to mount other male cats. What's funny was that the bottom endured this thing for at least 20 minutes, not to mention the top sank its teeth in his neck.

I don't see the males fight for mating rights. Instead, a male would follow a female every where for a couple of days.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Most males cat when mating grab the loose skin on the back of the neck. This gives them control of a female who may be too wiggly or uncooperative. They rarely break the skin with their teeth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts