Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female cat named Snooka is a little bit wierd lol. Everytime she gets lonely she crys with a sock in her mouth. She just has to have a sock in her mouth. Everytime I come home there is always a sock on the floor since she had been crying. Any ideas why she does this? Just curious :roll:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have one with a sock fetish. Clean or worn, he doesn't care. I think the size and texture trigger an instinct, maybe like it's a kitten, or maybe prey like rat or prairie dog or something. Actually, a couple of mine do this weird howl (distressingly similar to the "I'm about to puke" meow) while they're carrying a toy or sock around. I hear this from a lot of clients too, so I guess it is a pretty common thing for cats to do.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
20 Posts
My cats love anything they can fit in their mouth. But I have to admit they look so dang cute running around with things hanging out of their mouths. First it was the little Thing one Thing two toy I found in the rice krispies cereal last year. They lost that after having it for 8 months and now found a big fluffy makeup brush and they throw it around and when I wake up in the morning I always seem to find it in my bed. These cats are crazy, but I love em!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Maybe she thinks it's prey!

Spyder will do that with a yellow "magic" duster that is "his".
He'll carry it in his mouth while whinning at the same time!!:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts