Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cat I recently brought back indoors (Click here to see my post on that with her new kittens had been given steroids when she was much younger (atleast 5 years ago when she was originally an indoor cat) because she had fallen a few times broken bones, and had even been sat on. She is a beutiful chocolate point siamese but now due to the steroids she has lost that skinny look of the siamese and is much more muscular. Siame (Siame the Siamese lol) she has had other litters in the past that have usually ended up dying because she was put outdoors and she didn't care much for them. Well I have taken her in and am going to be taking her to the vet for vaccinations. I was simply wondering if the steroids that she was given will effect the kittens in any way? Will it harm them? I personally doubt it since the steroids were given so long ago but I want to cover all my bases. (I am a new pet owner, I have never had a pet before this because my mother was an extreme asthmatic and EVERYTHING gave her an asthma attack (even my aunts poodle)

Thank you all in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I don't think so. It was quite awhile ago, it doesn't seem like it would hurt them at all. I am interested to hear what other say about this, because I have been on high-dose steroids myself for the last 3 years, for my Lupus. I hope it won't have a bad effect on my future children 8O

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ianthe said:
I don't think so. It was quite awhile ago, it doesn't seem like it would hurt them at all. I am interested to hear what other say about this, because I have been on high-dose steroids myself for the last 3 years, for my Lupus. I hope it won't have a bad effect on my future children 8O
LOL!!! I certaily hope not :) I guess I sound like a paranoid owner but like I said I have never had pets to take care of and I guess I am just trying to cover all the bases. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts