Cat Forum banner

Will the Presidential Election be settled tonight?

• Yes, we will have a president-elect tonight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they will not be able to call the winner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think it's going to happen. I think it's going to be REALLY close, and whatever side comes out on top, the other side will whine and complain and bring out the lawyers. I'm not expecting it to be pretty...

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I believe it'll be settled tonight, I don't believe it's going to be as close of an election as the polls indicate.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I think as long as ALL the news outlets wait until ALL the polls are closed before calling the election for ANYONE, it should work out fine. But I can't see that happening. I mean, it's America. Is anything ever easy? :roll:

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
It's the undecideds that will ultimately determine it. Which way will they swing? Left, right, left, right.....we'll just have to see :?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I want to say that it will be settled tonight. The polls that have been taken the past several weeks only polled "likely voters." That is, people who have voted in the past. However, since this election will see a record number of first time voters, I'm hoping that the election won't be as close as the polls say it's going to be.

But the pessimist in me believes that the final count will be contended and we'll see a repeat of Election Day 2000. Here's hoping I'm wrong!

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Annissa said:
I want to say that it will be settled tonight. The polls that have been taken the past several weeks only polled "likely voters." That is, people who have voted in the past. However, since this election will see a record number of first time voters, I'm hoping that the election won't be as close as the polls say it's going to be.

But the pessimist in me believes that the final count will be contended and we'll see a repeat of Election Day 2000. Here's hoping I'm wrong!
I totally agree. For the good of the country, I would like to see it settled tonight. But I would bet it wouldn't be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts