Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was petting Willie today and as I went down his side I felt a lump on his left side, a few inches in front of his hip. It's a decent size, maybe a little over 1/2 inch in size. He just turned 6 four days ago. I'm feeling sick to my stomach about it. I don't even know if we have the money to go to the vet at the moment and have it tested, never mind the treatment needed for something like cancer. Please send vibes and Prayers for Willie, I need him to be okay.

What sort of cancer would present itself on his side like that?

·
Registered
175 Posts
A few years ago, Felix had a small lump like that on his side close to his front legs. Our vet told us that that type of lump was usually benign, but we should have it removed and tested. It was benign, but we had a very scary week until the test results came back.

Our other cat, Oscar, had a little growth on one his rear pawpads that the vet tech caught when Oscar was in to get his teeth cleaned. That one also was benign. That was also another scary week.

It might also be an abcess. Best to get it checked by your vet.

Sending good vibes to Willie.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
For your peace of mind, do try and get Willie in to the vet. It may be just a benign lump and no treatment will be required, but best to know. Vet may be able to get some material from it by a needle for testing. Good luck! to you and Willie.

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Sorry to hear a this lump. It has to be scary. Some vets will work out payments or some vets use care credit. More than likely its benign. But best to get him in right away.

Bottom line if it is malignant I would never treat a cat with chemo. But that is a whole nuther thread!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts