Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a family of chipmunks that live near in our backyard, which is a veritable wildlife sanctuary (we are very blessed :) ). Of course, all this makes for great entertainment for the cat, who likes to sit and watch the all the critters go by. But the chipmunks are especially bold and will come right up to the house to forage. One was out there today, and taunted Scully for nearly an hour :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Very cute! I had a family of bunnies in my neighborhood during last Spring. Its so cute watching the cats reactions to things like that :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Heh, I think Sigma would've launched himself right through that screen to get at that cute little chipmunk.. Was your cat going bonkers?? Does Scully ever do that chirping thing?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Heh, I think Sigma would've launched himself right through that screen to get at that cute little chipmunk.. Was your cat going bonkers?? Does Scully ever do that chirping thing?

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, she's very restrained, doesn't even make a peep. But yes, she does chirp at other things, like Da Bird.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You know those chipmunks were just toying with her! :lol:

I sometimes think the squirrels in my yard taunt Dusty on purpose! They know he can't get to them through the screen door!

·
Registered
697 Posts
You can just imagine that chipmunk running about going ' you're not gonna get me, you're not gonna get me!'

It's so cute seeing a chipmunk, I saw some in America and loved them. I know you can buy them as pets here but I reckon they wouldn't last long in a kitt household

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, this particular cipmunk we named "Schemp" (his siblings were Moe and Larry). Momma Chipmunk had her litter in a den not ten feet from our door, and the chipmunks grew up with us around all the time. They'll run right in front of us, and come right up to the steps if we're there. Luckily, they have a healthy fear of cars and have not tried actually coming in the house (they can be very destructive), so it's been great just to watch them.

·
Premium Member
9,135 Posts
I love chipmonks! Im glad you shared these pictures. Havent seen any since moving to the desert.. sniff sniff.. This is like kitty tv for Scully

1 - 13 of 13 Posts