Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although my main job at the clinic is that of a Vet Tech, I enjoy doing reception once or twice a week. I am good with computers, I enjoy the practice I get being on the phone with clients, and I get to sit the whole time! :lol: But best of all, Winry gets to come to work with me and hang out at the front desk.

The only problem is, she is pretty much the worst co-worker ever. She is naughty, needy, and such a diva! She spends the whole day, plotting her escape into the lobby, where she can go antagonize Jackpot, one of our adoptable cats. She can't jump up onto the desk to get in the lobby unless she climbs on the chair first so she puts forth tons of effort into acting cute so you'll put her on her lap and then she wiggles and squirms and tries to escape over the desk. If you don't put her in your lap she paws at your legs and complains and acts SO sad! And if that doesn't work she digs in her litter box and gets it all over the place, and then does the same with her water dish. She's a huge distraction, and such an attention starved diva... but everyone completely loves her and she gets tons of attention from everyone there.

Call it a welcome distraction ;-)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She definitely knows how to work the "Oh poor, poor Winry!" feeling to her advantage :)

She is also a bad co-pilot when it comes to driving in the car. I already returned her cage rest kennel to the clinic, and with her stiff left leg I don't like to shove her into one of my small carriers (it seems uncomfortable), so she gets to ride on my lap. Only she can't sit still, and wants to be pet the whole drive, and lives to climb onto my shoulders. Today she was licking my straw while I was driving! So Naughty.

I love her :)

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
When I saw the title of your post my first thought was, "Oh, I can't believe one of Rachels co-workers is bad to Winry!" Glad to hear that Winry is the one being bad. :p
Such a happy mischievous little girl! You really turned her life around for the better!

·
Registered
422 Posts
She definitely knows how to work the "Oh poor, poor Winry!" feeling to her advantage :)

She is also a bad co-pilot when it comes to driving in the car. I already returned her cage rest kennel to the clinic, and with her stiff left leg I don't like to shove her into one of my small carriers (it seems uncomfortable), so she gets to ride on my lap. Only she can't sit still, and wants to be pet the whole drive, and lives to climb onto my shoulders. Today she was licking my straw while I was driving! So Naughty.

I love her :)

Watch out, my aunt used to drive her cats to the vets on her lap and one time, they peed on her. :p

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Watch out, my aunt used to drive her cats to the vets on her lap and one time, they peed on her.
Oh lord... Nibbler has actually pooped on me before while driving home from the clinic with him on my lap.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Problems with co-workers belong in The Lounge. The fact that the problematic co-worker is a cat is irrelevant.

;-)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I brought Chica to work with me today instead of Winry. She's been sneezing and having green boogers so she came for a checkup and some antibiotics. I'm not going to go into detail about what else we found out because it's stressing me out right now :-( but on a lighter note, Chica is a WAY better coworker than Winry. She's been just an angel, giving little merps to greet anyone who acknowledges her by saying her name, and otherwise curling up into her little bed and behaving perfectly. :) She's been invited to come back and a be a reception kitty any time!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I say to..

Although my main job at the clinic is that of a Vet Tech, I enjoy doing reception once or twice a week. I am good with computers, I enjoy the practice I get being on the phone with clients, and I get to sit the whole time! :lol: But best of all, Winry gets to come to work with me and hang out at the front desk.

The only problem is, she is pretty much the worst co-worker ever. She is naughty, needy, and such a diva! She spends the whole day, plotting her escape into the lobby, where she can go antagonize Jackpot, one of our adoptable cats. She can't jump up onto the desk to get in the lobby unless she climbs on the chair first so she puts forth tons of effort into acting cute so you'll put her on her lap and then she wiggles and squirms and tries to escape over the desk. If you don't put her in your lap she paws at your legs and complains and acts SO sad! And if that doesn't work she digs in her litter box and gets it all over the place, and then does the same with her water dish. She's a huge distraction, and such an attention starved diva... but everyone completely loves her and she gets tons of attention from everyone there.

Call it a welcome distraction ;-)
I say you should report her to her to her superiors lol...that attitude is not aceptable :kittyturn:kittyturn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts