Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BACKSTORY: Abused by her owners, Winry was brought to my clinic with two broken back legs. I agreed to foster her. She's had surgery on both legs- twice on her right, and it was a long, arduous recovery. We've encountered many obstacles along the way, but we've also experienced miracles too- one of those being Diana (WhiteKitties) and her husband stepping up to build Winry a walker, which got her back on her feet.

Fast forward to today. Winry is fully mobile on all four legs. Her right hind is still not being used 100% of the time, but Winry no longer feels any pain. She is happy, spirited, and even a little mischievous! She is the best cuddler I have ever met, and she sleeps in my arms each and every night. Winry has blossomed into an amazing cat, and she is an inspiration to me every day. What a survivor, what a tough little spirit she has shown me that she has.

I thought you all might like to see this. The stairs are part of her daily therapy. Because of her left hind leg, which has a locked knee (due to her plated femur) she cannot use it very well to get up the stairs. She is forced to put her right hind leg to use, and as she does this she gets full range of motion in that leg. We've been doing stair workouts every day and it's been amazing to see how much it helps. Her muscles are rebuilding, and her right legs gets better and better every single day.

Even Chica wanted to get in on the fun!
Hehe, I love the "QUIT SNIFFING MY BUTT" moment

·
Registered
280 Posts
So I've read this from the first post to this one. It is amazing what you've done for Winry! I can't imagine why anyone would want to hurt her, but I'm glad you were there to save her. She's such an adorable cat.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for such kind words. It is the support from the people of this forum that has helped inspire me to keep helping these broken kitties. It can be so disheartening and difficult at times but you guys all kept encouraging me and now Winry has a new lease on life. I love her so much, this is going to be one of the hardest fosters to say goodbye to. Luckily, she may be getting adopted by a close friend of mine, so hopefully she'll remain a part of my life :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am so glad to see her progress she made! Wonderful :) I feels so happy that she is doing well and it just touches my heart and makes me cry..... She is very lucky that you found her and did all the things to let her recover. She is very precious and you are amzing wonderful mom!!!!! I am sure everyone is inspired by you and what you have done for her :)

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
This brings tears to my eyes. What an incredible, dedicated mom you are and Winry is such an inspiration. Is it definite that your friend is going to adopt her? That would sure be the best outcome, so you could continue to see her.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone! Winry sure loves to have all this attention :) She's laying on the floor right now, rolling around and trying to get my attention by being cute.

I'm gonna go give it to her <3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts