Cat Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Thanks all for the responses.
As for the homeless man he got on his feet and came after his favorite cat. I was happy to give her to him.
The feeding station is always a work in process. The coons always seem to figure out some new way to get up. In fact I am going out tomorrow to work on it again. They have all but destroyed the flashing I put up. Me and the hammer have work to do.
I keep a trail cam up out at the farm and noticed little Kali up on the table but she still wants to be fed on the ground so I do that to make sure she eats. Shes so small the Alpha female chases her off. Shame on Chrystal!
edited to add: They still arent using the totes I made for them. Kinda bummed cuz I spent a lot of money and time making them. Its really cold now finally so maybe now they will. I hope so.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Yes, raccoons are smart and will figure out how to get at food. I ended up humane trapping and relocating about 8 raccoons. You have to take them at least 5 miles, 10 is better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
I have tried trapping thm but all I get are cats. Ugh!
I am worried about the cats this morning. Its 9* right now and it's going to stay cold all day and into tonight. I have read that I shouldnt put blankets down but I'm thinking about taking blankets out after church and some extra bowls to see if I can lure them into the totes.
Any thoughts about blankets?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Blankets are fine, especially since the cats are in the barn. I think people say not to use them in outdoor situations because they'd get damp.

Re: trapping raccoons. Put some bait in the front and the back of the humane trap. Use something that raccoons like and cats don't - leftover vegetables or bread. I trapped a lot of raccoons with peanut butter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hmmm, ok I'll try that. Thanks. I'm heading out there now that I'm home from church. I hope this works. The water I put out for the stray here at home is frozen and its got a heating pad under it so I turned it up. He ate last night so I'm glad for that. I'm going to try one of the totes for him on the porch. I had a female coming for a while but she hasnt shown up in a month at least. Need a 2nd trail cam. Ha

21 - 25 of 25 Posts