Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got all 4 pulled today... everything went really well though. Don't remember falling asleep OR leaving and so far I am in no pain. But my bottom lip is still numb and it's been 9 hours now. does not even feel like the numbness is getting less. weird.

Anyone got any advice on something soft and safe to eat? Besides yogurt and mashed potatoes...? I can only eat so much of that in one day.

:x

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Yeah, I bought some baby food (the fruit kind only - I know I am weird but I like it better than applesauce.) Bought some pudding, some smoothies, soup and then I bought some cookie dough for a snack - like the others I listed aren't, ha.

I am used to eating really healthy meals. I cant wait til I can get back to that! I went to Re Lobster last night since I knew it might be a while. MMmmmm my fave, it was delish...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The create your own feast: I chose Walt's favorite Shrimp + Shrimp Alfredo, a baked potato, and a Caesar salad!! And cant forget the best reason for going there: garlic biscuits!!!!!! Mmmm Just thinking about it makes me hungry..

maybe I'll go eat some PUDDING :(

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mmmm good suggestion. And I am pretty sure we have butterscotch too! Peaches should be fine. The dentist even told me I could eat mac n cheese which I ate earlier. Just ate real slow and made chew everything was chewed close to the front. I just had to eat something other than sweets. Im not huge on sweets. But pudding and fruits are good :) thanks.......

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am worried about getting dry sockets.

This is kinda gross but the scab thing that forms over the hole is the blood clot that is supposed to occur in order to heal. You get dry sockets when that is disturbed. This is the gross part: I keep feeling pieces of it in my mouth. I'm not doing anything wrong that I know of. I sure hope I dont get that - i have heard it is crazy painful.....

anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I had dry socket last month when I had my wisdom teeth out. I seem to have an extremely high pain tolerance, because it was a few days before I realized the pain was probably abnormal. The pain is a throbbing sort that radiates back into your ear - that's how I knew. I'm still not sure how I got it; I was very careful, to the point of paranoia.

Went in, had it treated, and the pain was gone in minutes. Easy as pie.

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
I had such a bad time with my wisdom teeth and in the end had them all pulled. This is probably not the right time to tell you what happened when I did get them pulled (I ended up in ER) but anyway ...

I feel your pain!! Thats for sure.

I hope things go well and that you don't get dry socket.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks you guys.

i have heard good stories an horror stories so I guess it's all luck. I'm really not in pain and I am only taking one pill where it says I can take 2. It was really simple for me but this is only the next day so I hope it continues this way.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Seems to me, I remember eating the soft gewy center of a grilled cheese sandwich, and tomato soup.

Hope you heal quickly, though it sounds like it went pretty easy. Take care! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had mine out about sep last year...

Lots of mash... salt n pepper for flavour!! lol
Mac n cheese is REALLY good, I duno if you home make or get the crappy 'easy cook' store bought stuff (like i do), but if you over cook it a little bit then the pasta just falls apart with pritty much no chewing...

The worst thing is when I was starved so much and eating, I got eating faster and faster, then forgot about my mouth and chewed... Boy did it hurt...

My sister-in-law got dry sockets, her experience of them was just that she went to dentist, dentist stuffed some sea-weed filling stuff in there, and the pain stopped instantly.

I had some stitches come loose, to the extent that the first night home (I had to stay in hospital over night because of other reasons) one of them split open and bled quite a bit, next morning i woke to a blood trail down my face and neck onto my pillow!!! and a nice little (quite big) blood clot chunk in my mouth...

If your gums bleed keep them clean, brush off any thick clots with a finger, away from the gum, or a piece of gause, and if you bleed bite on a piece of gause - if its bad soak the gause in freezing water first, wring it out then chomp on it.

By now its probably a fair bit better... Dont be tempted to spit, if you must; let blood or excess saliva dribble out of your mouth.

I was lucky and avoided one dry socket, when they take the teeth out, they pack the hole and then stitch it over, the stitch that came out let the packing stuff also come out and so I had quite a deep hole in the back of my mouth for a few months, it that happens make sure you clean out the hole. It is completly filled over now tho.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts