Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been feeling nauseated and achy on and off for the past week. My upper right wisdom tooth broke the skin about 3 weeks ago and i haven't had too many problems with it. Then today i woke up from a short nap with a bit of pain in that area. But i wondered how you feel as far as the rest of the body? I've also had some light faint feelings as well. Just wondered if anyone felt this way when getting their wisdom teeth.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I am getting mine out next week. Mine have been bothering me off and on for a couple of years now. Sometimes they are just a bit uncomfortable but other times the pain is pretty much to the point of nauseating.

·
Banned
11,031 Posts
Get them out fast, so you will not have these problems. The pain was terrible :cry: , but at least they are all gone :D . I took three of them out (that's all I had actually!)

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Same here. I had to have an emergency extraction that costed $$$, and I am still saving money for the other two (My dentist took a look at my X-ray and said I was genetically "lucky" because I only had three wisdom teeth).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, an emergency procedure?? what happened to make it such an emergency?

Luckily, i only have 2 total wisdom teeth, both uppers. Yea, i have been cranky lately! i just took out a new health/dental insurance policy that starts feb 1, i am going to have to look into getting them removed, esp. b/c i'm really scared it will shift my teeth! I had braces when i was younger, my teeth were SOOO crooked, and i'm terribly worried they will shift back like that!

I don't think the nausea is from the pain, b/c i'm not in a lot of pain, just a minor toothache feeling occasionally. more of an annoyance than anything. and i get headaches easily anyway, so i think the wisdom teeth may be the reason for frequent headaches lately.

Good luck manitu! Let me know how it goes.... are they going to put you to sleep? i fear dentists as it is, so they better knock me out completely!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
They are not knocking me out completely. Just novacaine and valium. I am a bit nervous. I shouldnt' have waited for so long because as you said Ally you are afraid they will shift your teeth. They are starting to do it to my bottom teeth. I have a couple that are starting to overlap a little. I had braces too. I still have my retainer so hopefully once I get the teeth out and they heal I can start wearing my retainer and hopefully they will shift back.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I had one removed with a local (I wasn't put under) but the dentist didn't think they would be that hard to pull. Yeah, figures. The three I have left are all impacted and I will need oral surgery to have them removed. If you can get them removed by a dentist, go for it. It'll be cheaper (considering some dental plans only cover a portion of oral surgery; mine covers 50%).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts