Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just submitted an app for a paid internship at the humane society. The pay is really crappy BUT it would be awesome experience. Parts of the job won't be fun, like cleaning the kennels, but i'll also be learning how to give immunizations, and assisting in surgeries. It will look REALLY good on my resume so....please please please let me get this internship! Theres two spots open, so that at least doubles my chances.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Good luck! Are you doing this for school? I'd really love to intern somewhere (assuming I ever get back to school). Let us know how it goes WHEN you get the job :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, i'm in college to become a vet tech. I won't be starting my actual vet tech courses until next fall though *grumbles about missing the May application date and all the classes being full*

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I hope you get the position, good luck! :)

You won't have to assist in putting animals down will you? I know it has to be done because of the overpopulation but I just don't see how someone could euthanize healthy animals day in, day out. :cry:

It would be nice to be able to help out at a shelter but I could never do it because I would get too attached to the cats and it would break my heart to know which ones have not been adopted and have reached the end of their stay. :cry:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately yes, but sadly I will need that experience as well to put down dying animals etc when I become a vet tech.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts