Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here's Lacey :) (my new 6 mos old traditional seal point Balinese female):

She arrived last night at 5:30 pm and we finally got home around 7:30 pm from the airport. She was a bit skittish at first, having gone through all that, but once she settled down, she was very sweet and friendly. She was all over the place, but seemed a bit nervous when she heard my other 2 cats approaching behind the door and would sometimes hide.

Sorry about the bad quality, but she's not a very still subject, not to mention the lighting in that room is rather dim. Once she's not confined anymore, I can take better pictures.

Right now, we are just over the moon!

and the piece du resistance:

Click on the picture to see the video

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
She's lovely. It didn't take her long to settle down, which is great considering the stress of an airplane trip and being in a new place. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeanie...

yes, but also considering she is being microchipped and vaccinated this coming Tuesday and then spayed on the 13th, I might extend that even longer. I want her to have a full undisturbed recovery week afterward.

Right now she is very very shy, but given time, she should be fine :)

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
I've always thought that Balinese were long-haired Siamese cats, but it's probably more than that.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope! That's pretty much it, Kobster.

"The Balinese is a natural spontaneous mutation of the Siamese gene. On occasion long haired kittens appeared in short haired litters over the years, but breeders usually dismissed them as undesirable anomalies."

Their temperament is supposed to be a bit more mellow, their voices a bit softer, and they are not as vocal as their Siamese cousins. The thing is they are rare because they usually occur naturally. Lacey was the only Balinese the breeder had this year. I was lucky to get her :)

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
She's a beauty! Certainly doesn't look shy the way she's prancing around in the video. Her coloring and coat is lovely.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure about that, Dave. I know definitely the Siamese, but since the colorpoints are so similar...I can't see why not *shrugz*

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Most of what I've read says that the long hair was either a spontaneous mutation or the result of crossing Siamese with Turkish Angoras. Either way once created, Balinese "breed true", meaning that if you breed a Bali with a Bali you will always, only get Bali's :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts