Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won’t use new cat tree

I just built a new cat tree for my cat to replace the old ugly looking one that she used to love. So far the only way I’ve been able to get her up there is by putting a bowl of wet foot on the top. She eats the food and hops down immediately. Is there any way to entice her to start using it to sleep in? Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,397 Posts
Geez, I don't think my cats would to up there, either.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Where are the branches :) All I know is I replaced a favorite scratching post because it was getting ugly and now I have a cat that scratches my sofas even though there are 4 other scratching posts. These cats like what they like.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What age is she? That may be a bit daunting. If you still have the old tree leave it next to it. Cats have a way of finding things on their own. Did she eat her meals up in the old tree or did you just think that would make her go up there? Treats would be a better idea along with cat nip (if she's into it). Also if you use 'Da Bird' you could entice her with that. It might take her awhile to figure it out.

Bottom line, they do as they wish haha!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
did you replace a whole cat TREE or just a cat box? if so, that would be a huge change for her and I wouldn't be surprised she hasn't taken to it immediately. but at least she went up there for food. I imagine she misses her trusty, comfy old one, like a trusty old blanket or t-shirt : (. but yeah - you could probably get her used to the new one quicker by playing with her up there more and putting treats up there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If she has a favorite sleeping place or blanket or something, try putting it up there so that it smells more familiar to her. Try putting things she likes up there often so she starts associating it with those good things. But when it all comes down to it, some cats just don't take to new things quickly and it'll take awhile for her to figure it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts