Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blizzard conditions, with 8-12" of snow coming for saturday in our area!!!!

Please stay home, and stay safe everyone, the roads are going to be dangerous if you are in the predicted snow path!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Where are you located?

We are currently getting some light show that is sticking in Gaithersburg, MD where I am. YAY! its so purty.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
I know Raecarrow, everyone here is talking about the snow right now. It was totally unexpected. Another crack job by our local weather predicting people.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Blizzard conditions, with 8-12" of snow coming for saturday in our area!!!!

Please stay home, and stay safe everyone, the roads are going to be dangerous if you are in the predicted snow path!
In the name of all that's holy..how do you do it? You are actually welcoming snow. :) Seeing where you live, you must get a lot of snow every year. People in Jersey go completly mashugana driving in bad weather conditions. 3" of snow and the schools shut down. 8-12 a state of emergency would be declared. It's very endearing that you show such enthusiasm. Have fun love.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're just used to it I guess. It's not that I'm excited really, but it's the weekend, we can buckle down, and just stay home, safe in the house, I don't have to worry about Dave driving on the roads. Plus, when late fall comes, all the brown gets boring, and snow just brightens things up a bit. Also, one way to deal with it, is every time we get snow, I just picture all those black widow spiders, scorpions, and poisonous snakes that aren't in my yard, or around my home. :p

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The only time I like snow is if it dumps enough that I don't have to drive in it to work! Snow is pretty when I can stay home but driving on bad roads makes me nervous.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
People in Jersey go completly mashugana driving in bad weather conditions. 3" of snow and the schools shut down. 8-12 a state of emergency would be declared.
Jersey drivers are crazy anyway ;) Well... at least the ones who venture into Delaware are. My family lives in Northern DE, so I've had occasion to run into quite a few crazy NJ drivers.

Though Delaware drivers aren't much better in the snow, they still think they can go the speed limit with 6 inches of snow on the ground.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I agree, I *LOVE* the snow when I can hunker down and watch it without having to worry about driving in it. Where I am in the PNW we don't get much snow at all, just lots of rain and some ice. I'd LOVE a good 2' snowfall where I could kickback and enjoy it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Jersey drivers are crazy anyway ;) Well... at least the ones who venture into Delaware are. My family lives in Northern DE, so I've had occasion to run into quite a few crazy NJ drivers.

Though Delaware drivers aren't much better in the snow, they still think they can go the speed limit with 6 inches of snow on the ground.
I love me some Delaware. Hopefully I'm not one of those crazy drivers cause we're in Del. quite often trying to score on your no tax/low tax.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I love me some Delaware. Hopefully I'm not one of those crazy drivers cause we're in Del. quite often trying to score on your no tax/low tax.
I know, I try to go shopping whenever I'm visiting my family to avoid the sales taxes.

My favorite place to shop is the Rehoboth Outlets. Though I only do that during the summer when we go down to the beaches.

Sorry for going off topic.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Jersey drivers are crazy anyway ;)
I grew up in Jersey and lived there for 33 years before I moved here to Oregon.

When I started my job here i noticed that people on I5 were actually moving on to the shoulder to get out of my way. :p I didn't realize how aggressive a driver I was until I didn't NEED to be.

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
You haven't seen truly stupid driving until you've seen Southern Californians driving in the rain. Even light rain. Or mist.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just checked the radar, and it shows the snows almost here! They are predicting for more snow than they thought our area would get! Bring on the hot chocolate!

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
I really love it when it snows, at least when it's the kind of snow that's really fluffy and easy to make snowballs/snowmen... and it looks so pretty.

It snowed here a few weeks ago and the next day I went walking around the block with the dog, it was great. We live down a side street from the main roads and when we turned to walk down the back lane I took her off leash and she just ran around like crazy. She had a blast! And it wasn't even that cold out, probably 2+ degrees.

The cat on the other hand was not a happy kitty. She doesn't want to go out in that!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's been snowing non-stop here all day! We've gotten at least 10" so far here! It is extremely windy, and our patio door is drifted half way up the door!

There was a pretty bad accident on the highway just down from our little town. They've closed that highway, which is the main highway that runs between Chicago into MN. According to the local sheriff dept, they shut it down just before our town, into MN which is over 100 miles worth of road!!!

It's pretty bad! I'm supposed to have a senior portrait session here tomorrow, and she's trapped in town, can't get home, so I don't know if she'll even make it here tomorrow. We have to get plowed out first!

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
I grew up in NJ too and I'll take a NH winter over a NJ winter any day. NJ winters were just damp and bone chilling with some ice. Almost every snow storm ended by turning to rain and just making a mucky mess. I'd rather have 5 feet of snow on the ground and so cold the inside of your nose freezes when you inhale.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts