Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a marked drop in hairball activity since the carpets were removed. Has anyone else noticed something similar?

Here is a pic of LuckyDuck walking on our newly installed Bamboo wood floors. See the hair over his rump 'fluffed' up? He is unsure of his footing on the slick surface.

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
Or maybe it seems like there are less because they're not such a bother to clean up anymore :lol:.

Floors are gorgeous and LD is a very handsome guy. My crew loves sliding around on the wood floors. I just followed Holly down the stairs (carpeted)...she was flying when she hit the bottom and slid into a turn, it was that or hit the wall. Totally hysterical....

I've seen all of them run and cut zig zags just for the fun of sliding around :lol:

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doodlebug said:
Or maybe it seems like there are less because they're not such a bother to clean up anymore :lol:
No! Really! I think I've cleaned up two hairballs in the last month, when I used to get at least 2-3/week.

At first, they hated running and trying to turn on the floors, but now I watch them and it DOES seem like they will slide on purpose, just for the fun of doing the Risky Business move. Floof and Duck will also do a little hop/jump straight up in the air (to get momentum?) before running off. So far, S-Jo is the only one who tries to peel out with claws. She hasn't learnd "more paw, less claw" yet.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I also think shedding season is over. It is for my hair dogs. So they naturally lose less fur/hair now.

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
Heidi n Q said:
She hasn't learnd "more paw, less claw" yet.
I think that's why Holly has so much fun....her paws have so much fur between the toes and pads, that she has a furry, slippy, slidy cushion between the floor or her paws/pads/claws.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
doodlebug said:
....her paws have so much fur between the toes and pads, that she has a furry, slippy, slidy cushion between the floor or her paws/pads/claws.
Maybe that is S-Jo's problem. Hubby says she has feet from Who-ville. They have super-long tufts of fur sticking between her toes. No traction, I guess, so she feels she HAS to use her claws?

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
Could be. Holly grew up with wood floors, her breeder had them too, so she's never known anything different. Probably why it doesn't phase her. I know it took Callie, Maggie & Kobi a little getting used to when they were first put in and none of them have fur on the bottom of their feet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts