Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did some online research and Calgary has a meat market!

Bon Ton Meat Market

On top of the regular stuff, I found this little blurb under their "exotic" section:

We carry a full variety of Buffalo (Bison), Venison, Elk, Caribou, (when available) Quail, Pheasant, Rabbit, Ducks, Duck Breast, Duck Legs, Goose, Partridge, Guinea Fowl and Fois Gras, Muscovy Duck, Muscovy Duck Breast, Duck Leg Confit and Smoked Duck Breast.

Hahah wait until I go in and order up some duck and pheasant and then tell them it's for my cats....LOL! So exciting though! I hope their prices are decent, it would be so convenient to make up a "recipe" for weekly amounts and then just go and get a month or two at a time

i.e. just add up monthly totals, know how many oz of meat/bone/organ/etc. and go pick up whatever was on sale. I'm pretty sure if we did that and then hubby and I had a "prep" day and got all the quantities portioned into ziplocs and into the deep freeze it would be easy to stay raw!

I'm stoked !

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I should have been born a cat.
I'm a very curious person, love milk, fish...and just got REALLY hungry reading that list of meat >_<

1 - 3 of 3 Posts