Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Yes, this has been posted before. I agree this cat looks like he could cause some damage but I don't think it's funny. He is obviously very VERY scared and frightened and most likely abused. Such a sad video. :( :(

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The saddest part it, that the kitty was most likely put to sleep. Shelters don't have the space or time that it would take to tame a kitty like that when they have plenty of more adoptable kitties coming in all the time. :dis poor, poor thing.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Aww how sad, he's so scared. Poor lil guy.

He looks like someones pet though. I thought I saw a collar on him? Appeared to possibly be at the vets, maybe scared of the techs? I know my cat of 5 years has never hissed a day in his life, but he hisses like that at the vet techs.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've seen that video several times, and I've wondered what finally happened to the poor cat. He isn't angy, he's terrified. Someone abused that cat so badly, he reacts with horror whenever he's approached by any human being.

The poor creature couldn't be adopted in such a condition. Sadly, he probably was euthanized.

I once met a shelter dog who'd obviously been abused. She twitched, recoiled, or snapped if someone tried to touch her. But, there was this animal shelter employee who'd been treating her very kindly and patiently. She quickly grew to trust the man and would wag her tail, bark happily, and have a completely different demeanor whenever he came near. That little dog had the full potential to be rescued and become someone's loving companion. I often wonder how things turned out for her.

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
PrimoBabe said:
He isn't angy, he's terrified. Someone abused that cat so badly, he reacts with horror whenever he's approached by any human being.
I agree that he's terrified, but I wouldn't assume that he's been abused and terrified of all humans. Maggie responded almost exactly the same way when she was at the vets one time. She didn't feel well (believe she had pancreatitis) and she was yowling and screeching in the cage and lunging at anyone that walked by. When they tried to handle her, she bit though a leather glove. They called me to come in and deal with her. I saw exactly what she was doing and it was very similar to the cat in the video. When I approached the cage and began talking to her she visibly relaxed, I open the cage continuing to talk to her softly, very cautiously extended my hand and let her sniff it and she then approached me and practically crawled into my arms. I put her in her carrier without any fuss and she chilled right out.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
When my poor Buzzy was approached by people that was the way he reacted and that is why my sister-in-law named him Buzz saw. When I took him home and worked with him he became my sweet lovable Buzzy and was my darling until I lost him to anemia last month. :cry: I wish I could reach out to that poor kitty and show him the world is not such a bad place.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when i had my second cat fixed ,Peanut, any time the vets would walk by she would hiss and spit. i think that she was terrified more than anything just because there were different things around her that she had never seen before.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
My story is very similar to yours, Doodle.
When Sam (R.I.P.) was at the vet years ago, he had fever and was in a lot of pain from an absess on his tail. I warned the vet that muscular, 11-kilo Sam was feeling badly and was very cranky, but the vet and vet tech both said,"Don't worry, we can handle him.", and insisted that I leave the examination room.
About two minutes after I left the exam room there was a yowl like a mountain lion, and muffled cursing from inside the clinic.
A petite vet-tech came running out to get me, with this frightened look on her face, pleading,"You've got to come get your cat!". I said, "Oh, Sam is just scared. He'll be okay.".
I entered the exam room to find Sam in a corner, holding off the vet and two assistants. His eyes were completely dilated with fear, and a third assistant was bandaging her hand by the sink. I softly said,"Now, Sam, I'm here. You don't have to be scared."
As soon as he heard my voice, he sniffed the air and relaxed a little, but still had one paw a little up, ready to strike. I just kept softly speaking to him as I walked up and let him sniff my hand. As soon as he was sure it was me, he relaxed, purring and nuzzling my hand, telling about the bad people who had scared him so. Poor Sam had been terrified, and was in pain, and his instincts took over. He was calm after that, and I told him not to fight the vet or assistants because they wanted to help him.
Even in his state of terror, he knew that he was safe as long as I was near.
Later, the vet tech who was bandaging her hand in the exam room told me that Sam was an angel for them, after I spoke to him. :)

R.I.P., Sam, you really are an angel now.

sorry for going off-topic

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
You're not off topic, and even if you were, no one cares because that was a great story.

gunterkat said:
I've seen this sad video before, and read some of the sick, sick comments it elicited on YouTube. :(
I never ever read youtube comments. Ever. It makes me want to hurl things at my screen.

There's often very simple, if sad, explanations for things like this. This is the problem with YT, quite often people will post vids of things they don't know the full story of.

The "angry" cat one has been on there for a VERY long time, so who knows what the real story is....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts