Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bag of the worlds best cat litter and it helped a lot with the urine smell but when the cat poops it smells like poop and hour after. Is there anything I can do? Can I add that scented cat litter deoderizer?

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
The only time mine smells is if they don't cover it and Shep. Book has designated himself the poop hider.

Does Riot cover his up and I thought he was eating raw? I can't believe there's any odor on raw food.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No he stopped eating raw. The only raw he will eat is Quail. So he gets a quail once a week as they are like $5.99/lb here. He eats Addiction Venison as he will not touched canned food. Hes weird.

My dog eats raw and his poop isnt odorless, but it also doesnt smell nearly as bad as it did when he was on kibble.

Yes, he does burry it, spends like 10 minutes in the litter box digging lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
i buy scoop away from costco,s , 42lb bag for $13....it has a strong perfume smell, and i have never had a problem with a smell when my cat goes....happy with it..:catmilk

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I thought I would give this a try & put it in the upstairs litter box Sat am. But neither cat has used that box yet , so I just spread some of the old clay (Premium Choice -from Pet Supplies Plus) on top of it. I'm guessing the smell is just too different. WB sure is lighter weight-wise than the clay. My cats only use the upstairs box to pee, it so it would be nice if they would agree to the swtich.

I did notice that Arm & Hammer has a corn-based clumping litter. It does have some deodorizer. It might be worth a try.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Haril did use the upstairs litter box this morning. but she scratched around alot afterwards and smelled and scratched and smelled.

Then Lily came over and smelled it and gave it a taste test. She walked away and came back for another taste. I told her she can't eat the cat litter, and she came over for another sample. So, I took the box downstairs and threw it out and put back the original clay stuff. Can't have her eating it , especially mixed with clay, but even the WB is clumping so she can't eat it either.

(sorry to hijack the thread) I don't see why you couldn't add deodorizer if you wanted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts