Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay heres a question.

I am keeping my friends cat until shes spayed now. So I will have her another 8 weeks. I got dewormer for her and my cat. Lincoln and Ruby (the dogs) are in interceptor. His cat still has the runs. Should I deworm the two cats now? Mine isnt showing signs of worms. But I cannot give the dogs their Interceptor until July 1st now. Should I wait to deworm all then?

What should I do...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No fecal was done as I cant pay for one as its not my cat (I have my own to worry about) and the owner refused to pay for one. But the wormer came out of my own pocket. Its a broad spectrum so it kills all parasites. No change of food. She did have a litter a couple weeks back and shes pretty thin and shes an outdoor barn cat (shes with me to get spayed in 6 weeks)

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
I personally wouldn't deworm any animal unless it shows signs of worms, dewormers can be dangerous as they're poison, so I wouldn't endanger an animal on only a possibility of worms... so I'd wait until the animal shows signs that they have them. Therefore, if you must, deworm your friends cat, not yours.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are signs of worms?

She is rail thin, eats 4 cans a day and doesnt put weight on. She hasnt been nursing in a week so I would think she would gain some weight. Shes got the runs. I wormed her last night and when I checked this morning she had a crap load of what I think are round worms in here stool. They keep coming out every time she poops. You dont always see worms in the stool of infected animals. Sometimes the only signs you get are the runs and under weight. She lives outside, catches mice, birds and is exposed to other unhealthy cats. I kind of figureed she would have worms. But now she is cleaning them out of her :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts