Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the name of the worm treatment that's liquid, yellow, has a sweet taste (I think it's either vanilla or banana or pina-colada or something like that), and you give a second dose about 3 weeks after the first dose?

I am tending my ex-husband's cat. He doesn't really take good care of her (when he had her, anyway), so I doubt she's seen a vet in at least 2 years.
Mostly being an outdoor cat, I also don't pay much attention to her, other than food and water and let her come and go as she pleases.
I would let her stay inside all the time, but I'm not allowed more cats, she doesn't get along with mine, and she's used to being out anyway.

Last week, I went to pick her up to get her away from something, and noticed she was quite bloated. She also cried when I did, and she's usually very quiet. So I e-mailed ex's mom (since he won't give me the time of day) and said the cat was sick. Later that night bloating went away a bit (maybe some gas), but she has since had diarrhea and vomited. So she has an appointment Tuesday. (which ex is supposed to take her to, so he can make any decisions on tests/treatments and pay for it)
As she's outside, I figure she has worms anyway, (not sure if something else has her sick now, though) I figure I can give her the yellow medicine, as I've done it for my rescued ferals... I just want to know I got the right stuff if/when the vet gives me medicine for her.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No, it's not Albon. We give that to cats who get bloody stools, and it smells like vanilla pudding.

I never really bothered to pay attention to the exact smell of the worm stuff, just know that it's sweet. It's funny when the rescue director gives it to kittens we adopt out that squirm and try not to take it. "S'good, nummy-nummy!" she says LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts