Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kittens had their 9 week shots today and the vet sent me home with some doses of Panacur. I'm to give each of them 1/4 of the sachet each day for 3 days. Well, they had their first dose about 4 hours ago and now seem really lethargic. They do sleep quite a lot being kittens, but they are quite a bit more tired than usual. Is this a normal side effect?

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
I would think it was a side-effect of the shots rather than the dewormer :? . I'm not sure though. I would just watch them to make sure that they have no other symptoms. I think that many cats can be a bit 'dull' after their shots.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I would agree that the shots and the vet visit are probably more likely causing the lethargy. Velvet tends to be pretty down and out-of-it for a day or two after vaccinations and a trip to the vet. Of course she is very uncooperative at the vet, so she probably wears herself out. :roll:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the replies. You're probably right about the shots and the drain of going to the vet. They seem do be doing better today - back to their normal rambunctious selves! :D I gave them their breakfast about 2 hours ago with the 2nd lot of wormer so we'll see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts