Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my oldest cat is 7 years old. Her name is Mocha and she's a seal point traditional Siamese. She was the only inside animal up until three months ago when we brought a rescue home named Siri. We gradually introduced them, etc. Well Siri kept trying to play with Mocha, which Mocha did not approve of.. So we brought home a kitten named Josie to basically allow Siri to have a playmate and leave Mocha alone..

I know that was probably a dumb idea since Mocha does NOT play well with others. She's very picky about people and hates our two new cats. She's always growling, hissing, and swatting at them. She's lost a lot of weight in the three months. But she was overweight to begin with, so now she's about normal. At first, she'd throw up daily, but that has stopped for a few weeks now. She seems to do okay if they leave her alone.. I'm just concerned about her with all the stress. She's very moody and anxious. She's always been that way, so now looking back I probably shouldn't have added two cats to the house. I just thought I could have another if I liked, and Mocha would just have to adjust.

Will Mocha eventually learn to live with the two new kitties? They leave her alone, and she's fine until they run past her, get on the bed, etc.

I bought some Feliway spray and use that weekly.. Any tips, ideas? Should I be concerned about Mochas health? Sorry this is so long. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
804 Posts
Is there any way you can isolate them? My cat Binky pretty much hates everyone (humans, my other cats, she does not discriminate) and so I keep her in my large bedroom, away from the other cats... it cuts down on her stress level and theirs as well. Binky is older and not particularly active, so she has no problems being in the one room.

·
Super Moderator
26,658 Posts
This sounds so much like my story. Cinderella was about 6, I brought home Cleo (real name Mocha), but they never became friends, but because Cleo was so young (a little over 1 year old), I thought she needed a playmate. I got the twins for Cleo, but that didn't turn out who I would have liked, either. Cinderella put up with the twins, they quickly learned to avoid her, and eventually they all became frenemies. I'm glad I got the twins for Cleo, though, because she did become better friends with Cali, and now she joins in when they run through the house.

I would only be worried if she was physically attacking them, and it sounds like that's not the case. I think it'll be okay, your younger cats will learn to steer clear of Mocha, and I believe she'll become more tolerant of them, too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
During the day while we are not home, we lock the younger two together in the room & let mocha have the rest of the house. I don't regret getting Josie because her & Siri ADORE each other. It's quite adorable and I often find myself melting at the sight of them snuggling together lol. I guess I'm just worried Mocha may cause herself to get sick. She also doesn't discriminate against felines or humans.. She pretty much hates everyone but me and my fiancé ( she only likes him sometimes lol ). her voice is also REALLY squeaky lately.. Has she gone hoarse from all the hissing? Lol I guess Mocha is just going to have to deal with the other two. Maybe once we move into a bigger house one day, she will have more room to herself. Thanks for the help guys! Glad I'm not alone with my drama queen, moody kitty!

·
Super Moderator
26,658 Posts
You're smart to keep them separated while you're not home, just in case.

Any pics of your crew?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's some pictures of them :)

Here's the three of together.

Josie & Siri

Them again

Moody Mocha ;)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Awww! Love! Oh, and you are DEFINITELY not alone in having a drama queen moody kitty, lol. I think they're just like humans in the fact that they each have their own individual personalities, and unfortunately some personality traits are more desirable than others!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts