Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when I went to the Humane Society and picked Scotty out, they thought he was "about a year old." Well, he doesn't look that old. My guess would have been around 7-8 months.

But, last night I found one of his kitten teeth, and I was under the impression that they were done with that around 5-6 months of age. That being said, I fear he's a LOT younger than they thought.

Because of him being younger than I thought, I know his immune system isn't as developed as a cat that is a year old or so. I'm worried about his chances of catching whatever it was that Rain had (distemper or pneumonia).

He got at least one set of shots the day I got him (the one with the 4 vaccinations), but I'm not sure about before because he was listed as stray. I used a bleach solution on all surfaces I could and I attempted to clean any other areas as best I could after Rain died. I even tossed out the rug that he had thrown up and passed away on. I also know that distemper can incubate in the environment for up to or even more than a year.

Does anyone know what Scotty's chances of getting really sick are, considering these new developments)?

·
Registered
709 Posts

Happy to hear tha tyou adopted a kitty. I don't have an answer for you but i'm sure someone, probably many people, do have answers. I wanted to say good luck and hopefully everything will work out fine!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts