Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Moborg from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I have never had a cat before. Around 6 months ago some stupid people threw a wounded kitten ( around 1 month old ) in my balcony. I found her next morning & nursed her to health. Wonton has been an integral part of our household since then and adopted very well with my family. Just today, she is acting very weird, vomited a few times and is not eating. As it is very late here & I can't get to a vet before tomorrow morning I was looking for information in the internet & got here. Hope someone can help.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Hello Moborg. This could be a number of things, from a simple 'upset stomach' due to a bug, to worms, to a blockage which can be life threatening.

Is thre really no way you can see a vet before tomorrow?

When you say he is acting strange, what do you mean by this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

I have tried calling a few of the vets without any luck. Unfortunately, the number of good vets are not very high at this part of the world.

By 'acting strange', what I basically meant is, she is not her usual jolly self :
- Is not very interested in playing ( Although as I was writing this, she had done some biting & rolling with one of her soft toys, but this is the first time today. )
- She is rarely responding when I call her name which is very unusual for her. She has always been very fond of me.

May be it's not something very weird indeed but I am a bit paranoid as I have never seen her falling ill before except occasional cold or loose stool.

Thanks for helping out and if you want to query for any more detail, please by all means do.

Finally, should I move the post to the 'Health and nutrition' thread?

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts