Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since Weruva is a combo of Webster (I think, Werner?), Rudi, and Vanessa, if I named cat food after mine, it would be:

Hobadi, Hodiba, Badiho, Bahodi, Dibaho or Dihoba. Some of those either sound like Japanese grills or restaurants or something that goes into shampoo or hand lotion.

what would yours be called?

(I guess if you only have one or two cats, you can use ca and fo or vice versa to round it out.)

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
Jackmiss (Jack and Lacey)
Ziplace (Zipper and Lacey)
Maddymiss (Maddie and Missy)
ZipJack (Zipper and Jack)

and my favorite:
Miss Jack's Feline Feast (Missy and Jack)

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Hobadi, Hodiba, Badiho, Bahodi, Dibaho or Dihoba. Some of those either sound like Japanese grills or restaurants or something that goes into shampoo or hand lotion.
To get technical, in Japanese there is no pronunciation of "di". ;) Only "da", "de" and "do" are said together (in Japanese it's always a consonant then a vowel except for "shi" and "chi" sounds).

I could name mine... Jacky...? :lol: That does not sound very food oriented.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm not sure if this would fly, but since my cats are Delta and Decimal, I'd just put a big triangle (symbol for Delta-greek letter) and a dot in the middle (to look like a decimal mark). If I had to give it an actual word title, I guess I'd go with "De-De" to keep it simple and not give either cat top billing :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
My name would work if I only had Autumn and Ramona because I could just call it "Aura". Or Cosette and Dante make "Coda". It gets tougher when I try to add in Galileo though, or combine all of my cat's names into a brand name. How about "Gaauradaco"? "Cats gau rad over delicious Gaauradaco!"

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
My name would work if I only had Autumn and Ramona because I could just call it "Aura". Or Cosette and Dante make "Coda". It gets tougher when I try to add in Galileo though, or combine all of my cat's names into a brand name. How about "Gaauradaco"? "Cats gau rad over delicious Gaauradaco!"
ROFL! 'Gaauradaco' Sounds waaaayyy to
much like Guano...as in, Bat Guano!!
So Sorry....I just couldn't help myself :D

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To get technical, in Japanese there is no pronunciation of "di". ;) Only "da", "de" and "do" are said together (in Japanese it's always a consonant then a vowel except for "shi" and "chi" sounds).

I could name mine... Jacky...? :lol: That does not sound very food oriented.
well I didn't really mean they did, I was just thinking of Hibachi (which i didn't think about until i said, "Hi Baci," one day. :)) and jojoba is the other thing i was thinking of, so not really but just dumb. i don't speak Japanese. well, other than Sony, Sirachi, Honda, Kobe and origato. other than that i usually embarrass myself because i get confused between Chinese and Japanese items and don't even start with Singapore and Malaysia lol.

Jackeye. made from Skipjack tuna and Sockeye salmon? lol

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and my favorite:
Miss Jack's Feline Feast (Missy and Jack)
Miss Jack's Feline Feast is a contender. I'd buy it just because it sounds like A Boy Named Sue. :)

I'm not sure if this would fly, but since my cats are Delta and Decimal, I'd just put a big triangle (symbol for Delta-greek letter) and a dot in the middle (to look like a decimal mark). If I had to give it an actual word title, I guess I'd go with "De-De" to keep it simple and not give either cat top billing :)
De-De with the symbol. what would be in it is another thing, feta cheese? (feta cheese and lamb. as far as i know, cats don't like spinach or grape leaves.) haha. hey, i always say the stinkier the more cats like it, feta isn't as smelly as it is salty though. i used to use bleu cheese crumbles in a salad dressing i made but i never thought to offer it to the cats. i call Diotima "Missy D" and "De-De-Bah".

BeBadie ??? Not sure it would sell a lot
i can think of worse. This actually reminds me of Abady, which I've never tried because it's so expensive.

aura or coda both are excellent names for cat food, i think. of course i had a cat named coda so i would think that lol. i still think they're good brand names.

Gaauradaco reminds me of Guacotaco, and cats eat avocado, obviously, because of Avoderm. how well they like it, i don't know, but i'm pretty sure my cats would pick the lettuce and tomatoes out of a taco and eat the shell, meat, cheese and sour cream. now that I've said that, i believe that will be the next Doritos flavor: Guacotaco. sounds kind of yucky though hahahaha.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
i don't speak Japanese. well, other than Sony, Sirachi, Honda, Kobe and origato. other than that i usually embarrass myself because i get confused between Chinese and Japanese items and don't even start with Singapore and Malaysia lol.
Shirachi? Dunno what that is. And arigatou "ah-re-gah-toe". ;) I don't really speak Japanese either, just took some in university. But that was years ago... don't use it, you lose it!!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
god i'm so stupid. Sriracha sauce, and it's Thai. I do prefer Thai and Indian to Japanese. I should have said wasabi.

a friend of mine speaks Russian, Polish, Czech, Armenian and Hebrew but I refuse to try to learn any more languages I have to learn an alphabet for hahaha. he doesn't write all of them though, so that makes me feel a little better. his English is pretty good but he was at the grocery store and asked me if I needed anything, so when I told him, he said, "what color is it?" LOL I didn't know he doesn't read English very well. I do consider Russian, but my Spanish is fine for Colorado. my French, German and Hebrew have fallen by the wayside though. I think the second most useful for me would be to revive French, and I've watched several Iranian movies and one Lebanese where the dialect was in French, and not Farsi (another one i'm not learning any time soon. :)).

major domo origami.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shepherd Mao sounds kind of cute, the first thing I thought of with Shepherd Mow was grass hahaha.

I would buy MOBO. it reminds me of FUBU (for us, by us).

as far as munchies munch, that would be a big seller here. I used to know a guy named Munchie and I still know a couple called Chuy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts