Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
That's horrible! I can understand if someone is like "oh how cute, he's a little pudgy" but a cat that can hardly move is just gross. Not the cat, but the owner's lack of common sense and compassion for their animal.

It makes me sick to see things like that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This part gets me:

“For some strange reason people love fat cats,” Pfister said. “They think it’s cute and spoil their cats with the best food they can afford.”
Especially because they say he's lived on a diet of oily tuna fish. How can they say it's the best food when it's so bad for kitties?? Poor kitty :(

·
Registered
465 Posts
My cats have had tuna maybe once in their lives!! I can't believe that these cats LIVE on it. :( Poor kitties. One of my cats is overweight, but that's because no one makes sensitive stomach light food. He throws up with the regular light food, but gets fat off of the sensitive stomach stuff. And we can't limit the amount he gets because we have 4 cats. He went to the vet recently and is 21 pounds... :( He's also a big cat, though, he's only about 5 pounds overweight for his size.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This cat got a new owner and there "Mikesch" enjoys a normal diet. The previous owner gave him two(!) pounds of scraping meat (don't know if it's the right description, it's a kind of cut up meat) daily.
Now Mikesch begins to play and gradually he is able to clean his fur himself. Also he begins to jump on the armchair and bed.

Please, don't think that the german people are so crazy to overweight their cats :wink: , these are two unbelievable stories and the german catfriends are shocked too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
that is just sad. It says the poor thing can't even clean itself properly because of its swollen body. A little chubby cat is one thing, but that poor thing was huge. It can't possibly move enough to exercise. Poor thing :cry:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Heavy cat story

Alberta, I'm so glad that Mikesch is being helped now.
Don't worry, we don't think everyone in Germany is like that!
In the Lounge section there is a story about an English guy who shot himself in the groin! I hope everyone doesn't think all English people are that stupid either :D

seashell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts