Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Halifax to the vet (hopefully) for the last time this year - until rabies shots next year. Brad and I found out that the vet actually keeps animals found around town - shots - worming the whole nine yards. Pretty much they have a price tag for about $90 for them - since they don't want people to get them for free - then toss them out again - especially with people who have went through a lot of pets.

I guess since we have taken Hali to all his shots - gave him good food - neautered him and decided to keep his claws - the vet said that we could have a new kitten for free! Wow! There are two right now... one looks like a Bronze Egyptian Mau - short hair - and the other is a medium hair - he kind of has a cow pattern.

The cow baby (I don't know why... but that label just seemed to stick out at me) was very nice - didn't like to be held too much - but he was ok. The Bronze kitty hissed at us the entire time - he was very cute - but very strange. I liked the cow more. They were so small - only 7 weeks old... and they looked like... well... maybe 4-5 weeks old? I dunno - maybe it's just because I've had big kitties. They were so small! SMALL! Cute though.

Here is my problem though - should I get this particular one? Isn't this almost like a impulse kind of thing? I know I wanted one - but this is sort of spur of the moment. This would definitly save money (like... around $300) - but I wan't expecting to get a cat for at least 12-14+ weeks or so. After just paying for Hali's stuff - I kinda wanted a break from all the vet visits and the stress of moving him around. Also - after having to house train and work with him - I kinda want a break from that too. I DO want another cat - and this IS a chance to help a baby in need - but I just don't know. If I did get it - I would definitly keep him forever - unless he was just nutzo to the max even after all of my love, attention and training. So confused!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
I'd say hold off. You don't sound "ga-ga' head-over-heels in love with either of those two and it could possibly lead to problems later on. When the right cat finds you you will know. At the Vets those kittens are well taken care of, and will find great homes. Its worth the wait to get the perfect kitty IMO, especially since they stay with you for 20+ years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Payge said:
I'd say hold off. You don't sound "ga-ga' head-over-heels in love with either of those two and it could possibly lead to problems later on. When the right cat finds you you will know.
I agree.
When the right cat finds you, you'll make up your mind to get it and NO ONE will be able to sway you!! :) You can rest easy knowing the vet will place them in good homes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
It's a hard decision but I'd wait too. When the perfect furball comes along then you'll know. I know you must be having a hard time because it's the chance to help a kitten but if yu are having a little doubt then it's not right. Give yourself a breather before operation new kity commences.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've decided to wait. What I really wanted was another Himie - and initially I thought that the kittens were stray Maine Coons (from what my fiance said - I think he saw one of them with longer hair and thought it was one). I'm not so much disapointed with their looks - but more about how small and young they are... they almost look like some of the kittens that people has to bottle feed on this forum.

I think I will get a seal point himie like I wanted to get before. I guess I kind of look at the long run - and if I'm going to only be able to get one more cat for the next 15-20 or so years - I would like it to be another Himalayan.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top