Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was playing with a mouse that flipped into a plastic bag and chased after it in the bag where she managed to get one of the handles caught around her head like a necklace. She was sitting there looking funny and I was giggling and sighing about having to get up and help her, when she took a few steps and noticed that the bag was following her and freaked out and began rushing about the room at a speed I wouldnt have thought possible. She was *literally* a flash of color around the room, within maybe 2 seconds she took refuge under the bed with the plastic bag utterly destroyed but the handle still around her head. She calmed down enough to come out and let me remove it, but she's cautiously searching the place for it now after a careful cuddle and a treat. There is no way a human could have held her, she would have ripped his face off, it was quite an awe inspiring show of feline power, speed and ferocity.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
That same thing happened to Samhain, but the handle got wrapped around her mid-section and it happened in the early morning while I was still in bed. Suddenly I felt this "thing" run across the top of my pillow (I slept on the floor) and heard the swooshy sound of the bag and she took off into the livingroom and ran in behind the bookshelf, where there really was no room for a cat. I had never seen her run that fast, even when she was genki**. She was really freaked out. I finally coaxed her out of there and took the bag off and she was fine. I felt terrible for leaving it around so she could get caught in it though :( After that I never leave plastic bags nor rubber bands (I've read horror stories about those...) anywhere where they can reach them.

**Genki means "happy" or "energetic" in Japanese and is what my ex's mom (she's Japanese) used to say to describe the "kitty crazies". I liked it and it stuck :p

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh, nothing makes me feel as manly as helping her out when she gets stuck in stuff. yeah, the crazies had nothing on this performance, this was like twice the speed. I wouldnt be surprised if she was going full speed at like 30mph bouncing off the walls and under tables. One forgets the kind of fight these little fluff balls can put up if their life depends on it.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I read somewhere the top speed of a domestic felion is 34MPH! The bag monster must have really scared your poor baby. :patback

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finished off the day by stepping on her tail :?
Ah well, shes a complete, floppy furball of purrs today ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts