Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i decided to worm my cats today. I hadnt done it since vienna had the kittens 8 months ago, and i hadnt done them in 6 months. Pebbles to be honest i dont remember when last :oops: but she barely goes outside. And it made me decide to because vienna braught a mouse back last night- shes a right little hunter

so i phoned the vets and got a 2 pack of panacure tablets for about £4 they are huge tablets, ill take a picture of them. But the are chocolate flavour, they all ate them with not one problem, and butch even came up to me looking for more! i was well impressed.

anyway i thought id share that incase someone else wanted to try it, and share my surpising success, last time i did vienna i used granuals on her food, and the kittens had panacure paste.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heres the tablets, they only had to have 1 of those, they couldnt eat them fast enough!
Thats screech modeling them :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
i thought chocolate is like poison to cats
Well yes, it is not normally a good idea to give your cat chocolate

Chocolate contains the compound theobromine which is a diuretic as well as a cardiac stimulant. This can cause the pet's heart rate to increase or it may cause the heart to beat irregularly, both of which can be dangerous to the animal. But...

I would imagine that the tablets use specially formulated chocolate, and in any case the amount in question is most unlikely to cause any harm. And a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thankfully, heart worm isn't a concern for my two. First off, my local vet - who is the only game in town for a good 20 miles square -- says he's not seen a case of it in years in this area, decade or more. Second, my two are indoors 24/7. They don't even TEST for it in my neck of the woods, because it's been so unheard of. We where all set to have it done, but, they said, "No need."

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they arent chocolate tablets tho- they are chocolate flavoured. they dont smell anything like chocolate tho....... i didnt go so far as to try one ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts