Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to hear what people think about Wysong epigen. Is it a decent dry kibble?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know, I know.... no kibble is good. But if you are feeding quality wet - Hounds & Gatos, Natures Logic and addiction... how does it fare?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Unless I can't read their website correctly, it appears they're selling the same food for cats and dogs. It is possible it has corn protein in it as well. The first 3 ingredients are chicken but then you get one or more possible vegetable protein sources. I don't like that you don't actually know what's in it. It would make it hard to find what your cat is allergic to. I guess you could say it's one of the better foods but not with the best of foods.

Some cats refuse to eat wet food so kibble is the only option. I tried for months to get Tina to eat wet food and she never would. Some people say that the worst wet is better than the best dry but I disagree. Low quality wet food is full of by-products, "meat", corn, wheat, etc. It comes down to what your cat will actually eat I guess.

I feed her Petcurean Go! Fit + Free Grain Free Chicken, Turkey + Duck. She likes it and I'm happy with the ingredients. You can read more about it here: http://www.petcurean.com/for-cats/go/fit-and-free-grain-free-chicken-turkey-duck.

My fiancé feeds his cat Orijen. It's also a good food. He chose it because he couldn't find Petcurean products. You can read about it here: Orijen.

I would feed Orijen as well. I had just already bought Go! and I think the bag is prettier. :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the ingredients:
Epigen™ Venison Formula Ingredients: Venison Meal, Potato Protein, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols as a source of Vitamin E), Apple (source of soluble fiber), Beet Pulp (prebiotic source), Plums (source of antioxidants), Blueberries (source of antioxidants), Inulin (prebiotic), Krill Oil (source of omega-3 fatty acids), Taurine (amino acid), Oregano Extract (antioxidant), Sage Extract (antioxidant), Rosemary Extract (antioxidant), Probiotic Microorganisms (Bacillus subtilis, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus lactis), Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My cat eats wet so I am thinking I will wean him off the epigen and get him on all wet. Then if I go away I can feed the ziwipeak dry as a free feed. My cat doesn't overeat and for a few days that I am away may be the best alternative.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ah, I was looking at the chicken formula.

Only 2 of the first 7 ingredients are meat. It has potato protein instead of corn protein though. I would still say it's one of the better foods but not one of the best.

·
Registered
978 Posts
My cat eats wet so I am thinking I will wean him off the epigen and get him on all wet. Then if I go away I can feed the ziwipeak dry as a free feed. My cat doesn't overeat and for a few days that I am away may be the best alternative.
That is probably the best option. Like I said, wet is better but you can't always feed wet. I don't think a few days of binging on dry would hurt him anyways. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no rush on this. He is not a kibble addict and he is a kitten - 6 months old just neutered yesterday. But something to lean toward in the future.
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts