Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went cat food shopping, and I picked up a nice variety for my two cats. Bought cans of Felidae, Nutro Gourmet and some Wysong. I only bought two cans of the Wysong, since I don't know much about it. I was impressed when reading their ingredient list, though...all it showed was meat and water, that's it. No added stuff.

Anyone else tried this food, and if so, what are your thoughts? Any feedback, Dr. Jean?

Lisa :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is this the Wysong "all meat" cans? If so, I've used the Turkey before....my dogs and cats love it. If I fed too much to my cats it caused really smelly stools though. It makes a great supplement IMO.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cats like the liver more than the chicken I believe. The ingredients look good but they still love Innova more :lol:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The all-meat Wysong flavors are for "supplemental" feeding only. They are not balanced; and if fed exclusively will cause serious nutrient deficiencies, particularly calcium.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
No, not really. If you are going to add an all-meat food (or even just plain meat) there are limits as to how much. If you add more than about 15% of the entire diet as meat, you must balance the minerals by adding appropriate supplements, especially calcium, which is absent in meat.

Something like this, I might use as an occasional meal, maybe once a week.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts