Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know why i periodically get this message when i try to click a link on the forum?

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End tag 'td' does not match the start tag 'br'. Error processing resource 'http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2460'. Line 63, Position 3

</td>
--^

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've been getting this more than ever lately, and it's soooo irritating!! :( is there anyway to fix it, or is it something on my computer that i need to change?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i use IE, whatever the newest version is, i think. 6 maybe?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
okay, try two things.

First, go to Tools, then Internet Options, and click on the advanced tab. Under browsing, make sure "Always send URLs as UTF-8" is checked. If it isn't, that could be the problem right there.

If that doesn't work, possibly lower your cookie settings? Or add catforum.com to you trusted sites in Tools>>Internet Options>>Security.

I've read a few things about the "FISubsilver theme" that this forum uses causing xml errors.

Let me know.

P.S. If it becomes unbearable, I believe the error doesn't happen in Netscape.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Padunk said:
okay, try two things.

First, go to Tools, then Internet Options, and click on the advanced tab. Under browsing, make sure "Always send URLs as UTF-8" is checked. If it isn't, that could be the problem right there.

If that doesn't work, possibly lower your cookie settings? Or add catforum.com to you trusted sites in Tools>>Internet Options>>Security.

I've read a few things about the "FISubsilver theme" that this forum uses causing xml errors.

Let me know.

P.S. If it becomes unbearable, I believe the error doesn't happen in Netscape.
very good information Padunk....

if you get the error try using the other theme we have it's called just subsilver. go to your profile and you can select it as your theme (the Board Style: option)... then see if you still get the XML errors.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, i tried switching themes. i like the other one so much better though. :(

edit: here's something interesting- the photos section seems to be non-existant in the subsilver theme.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You are right faile! I dont know how it happened, but somehow I was automatically switched to sub silver. I think I can go switch back in my profile, but havent yet. However I just checked and there is no photo section in sub silver :?:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
queen of the nile said:
I don't get that xml message since I switched to subsilver. But the other format is so much cuter!
i made some changes to the theme you like... switch back and let me know if you still get the XML errors.

if you do get the errors copy and paste them to me in a PM or post them here so i can see what the details are.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what i've been doing is using the fisubsilver theme until i get the errors, then switching into subsilver.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
So I switched and am still getting the error message.

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End tag 'td' does not match the start tag 'br'. Error processing resource 'http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2681&start=15'. Line 55, Position 3

</td>
--^

·
Registered
651 Posts
I get the XML a lot too. Usually on hot topics, and/or if I've been on the site a while (over an hour). It's really annoying! I even got it on this very topic. :lol

Here's a copy of one I received:

End tag 'td' does not match the start tag 'br'. Error processing resource 'http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4565'. Line 63, Position 3

</td>
--^

1 - 20 of 24 Posts