Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else has been following "Groomer Has It" on Animal Planet, but I'm so happy that Artist won the title of Groomer of the Year! To be honest, he wasn't the most skilled or knowledgeable of the groomers, but the contest wasn't for "Best Groomer" but for the groomer who was the most exceptional. Artist is bright, talented, positive, devoted to animals' welfare, and showed great respect and humility throught the competition. Even his bragging was playful and never mean-spirited.

And he did a good job on the Persian Cat challenge!

So he gets $50,000 and a $75,000 mobile grooming van! Go Artist!

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
I saw previews/commercials for the show but I couldn't bring myself to watch it. From the snipets they showed to advertise it I felt many of the groomers just didn't have any animal sense or experience and I didn't want to watch them fumble around and hurt or scare any of the animals they had to work on.
At least it seems like the person who won (per your post) had good animal empathy and cared about the animals.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I'm glad he won but I almost think the last competition was a little more in his favor than in Jonathan's. As much as I disliked his attitude, Jonathan was a great groomer. I think in the literal sense of competition he should have won but I was never routing for him. Artist seemed to evolve a lot through the show and improved so much with each competition.

I do wonder some things about the show. Like where in the world they came up with the dogs for the competitions. Most of them were horrible examples of their breed!! And I think they could have done a better job of matching the dogs so the juding was more fair.

In the last competition - Jonathan's dog was already bald in some spots from shaving before he got a hold of it. How is that at all fair? Plus, in the mixed breed creativity portion they had two completely different dogs.

I'm very very glad to see that Artist won though - he really needed the win and I think appreciated it so much more than anyone else. I was crying right along with him at the end :oops: and how adorable was his son???

·
Registered
575 Posts
I only got to see the show a few times while at my aunt's where she has sattelite.
I'm glad Artist won, he was one of the few I could stand. Sure Jonathan was a great groomer, but his attitude was awful.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OsnobunnieO said:
I'm glad he won but I almost think the last competition was a little more in his favor than in Jonathan's. As much as I disliked his attitude, Jonathan was a great groomer. I think in the literal sense of competition he should have won but I was never routing for him. Artist seemed to evolve a lot through the show and improved so much with each competition.

I do wonder some things about the show. Like where in the world they came up with the dogs for the competitions. Most of them were horrible examples of their breed!! And I think they could have done a better job of matching the dogs so the juding was more fair.

In the last competition - Jonathan's dog was already bald in some spots from shaving before he got a hold of it. How is that at all fair? Plus, in the mixed breed creativity portion they had two completely different dogs.

I'm very very glad to see that Artist won though - he really needed the win and I think appreciated it so much more than anyone else. I was crying right along with him at the end :oops: and how adorable was his son???
I agree that it was stacked against Jonathan, but again, it wasn't a competition for Best Groomer, but Groomer of the Year. Jonathan has 15 yrs. experience, A-list clientèle, and didn't stretch himself an inch during the competition. Artist, however, really took risks and developed. He has the humility to learn and grow, and he put the animals first. He treated all the cast, judges and guests with respect, too. I think he deserved to win, even if he was given breaks. Besides, in the shelter competition, it was stacked AGAINST Artist — even putting a huge collar on his dog, Teddy? Teddy, who was covered with sores? NOBODY was going to adopt that dog!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts