Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, everybody is looking at this and thinking,"He's really gone 'round the bend, now!". But for someone who lived many years in sub-tropical New Orleans, it is a big deal. This afternoon, the temperature dropped 10°F in about an hour, and there was snow! No accumulation, but a lot of large, blowing flakes. And there's supposed to be more tomorrow! Yoo Hoo! :jump :crazy
:kittyball btw, Arianwen wasn't very impressed. She went out on the porch, took a look around, sniffed, and headed back in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is snow here too! It's so cool! I haven't seen snow in awhile, and I'm guessing you haven't either. 10 degrees in an hour though, wow.
Major is going nuts, she keeps running to the windows and trying to bat at the flakes outside.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
If only I could send you my yard full of it, John! :lol: Enjoy it while it lasts. For me, I've had enough; more than enough to last me a couple of winters, in fact.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I'll volunteer to send you some too, John, but you have to be willing to take some of the frigid temps that go along with! :lol: Things are better here, but starting sunday, it's back into the deep freeze! Would sure be nice to just send it away! I think FedEx could get to you in time...........how about it! :lol:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bluemilk said:
And what does Arianwen think of all this?
She says,"Ooh, pretty!", but she's happy to look at it through the window, and stay inside where it's warm and cozy. Sensible kitty! :p

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some accumulation of snow for Arianwen to play in, and enjoy her Siberian heritage.
:eek:rcat

If you can send your excess white stuff this way, it would be great! :crazy

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
gunterkat said:
If you can send your excess white stuff this way, it would be great! :crazy
Tell you what, John - If you'll split the cost with me 50/50 I'll rent a refrigeration/freezer truck (Schwan's home food delivery comes to mind), load it on up and meet you halfway. :lol: I'm looking to get the heck out of Dodge for a while.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
xXchelleXx said:
Thats so depressing because I really want snow lol! Maybe I should move somewhere that it actually does snow.
Staying within England, would Newcastle Upon Tyne get the snow you desire? I think that there is a decent amount of snow in the Scottish Highlands, but once again, I feel you would rather stay in England.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Donaldjr1969 said:
John, what did it do to traffic your way?
People were driving a little slower, but there wasn't any snow on the ground, so no major difference, other than that.

·
Super Moderator
26,514 Posts
Saw this tonight (no author listed):

On the sixth day God turned to the Archangel Gabriel and said,"Today,
I am going to create a land called Wisconsin.

It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty, a land of countless
glaciers, large pure lakes each one full of fish. It shall have tall
pines, peacefully flowing rivers, hills and plains of tall grass.

I shall give them beautiful birds so they may enjoy their singing and
majestic eaglers for them to watch flying high. There shall be beautiful
blue skies, forests full of deer and rich farmland.

I shall make the land rich in resources to feed the eye and the body
especially in the warm, green, lush summers. The Wisconsin people
shall rejoice at the beauty of the land."

"But Lord," asked Gabriel, "Don't you think you are being too
generous to these people of Wisconsin? They will like it so much
they won't want to leave and go to Heaven."

"Not really Gabe - wait till you see the winters I'm going to give them!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts