Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simon's teeth are really yellow. I looked at all the other cats teeth and they are all nice and white. What would cause Simon's teeth to be so yellow and what do I do to fix it?

(Simon is our new cat, he is two years old. We have owned Simon for about two weeks now.)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Just as in humans, genetics play a big factor in teeth in cats and so does diet. My 5 year old Hudson has beautiful white teeth with no tartar or decay, where as my other 2 had substantial tartar and yellowing at about 3-4 years, Sundae (9yo) had to have 1 pulled, Anika just needed a good cleaning (7yo). and they're both due again soon. I always opt for the flouride treatment too. My deceased cat Femix (sigh) had very healthy teeth too. I'd definiatly get them checked, color isn't so much important but the actual condition of the teeth, particularly the back ones (the ones they never let you look at :mrgreen: ) Bad teeth can be a life threatening condition for a cat, and they never complain about them being bad. ( Sundae mashed on a rotten one so hard she drove it into the bone and had to have it cut away).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts