Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure other cats yeowl to get their way,but robin...does it really,really LOUD!!! He wants breakfast,to go downstairs and play with Smokey,or a little TLC, he'll TELL me so. He'll start with a meow,graduate to a yowl,and eventually this...CATERWAULING. YE-AAA-YE-AAA-YE-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh! YEOWL! Now some lovin',usually that's no problem,but I don't think Smokey's humans would be very pleased if I brought him down to play at 5:45 a.m.!

I think this goes with my Cypriot theory:they're supposed to have a DISTINCTIVE call!

Seriously, what do I do when he starts up? Telling him to 'hush' just makes him yowl louder!

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
When I've heard enough yowling from MowMOw and I can't take it anymore....I Yowl back at him, but louder. :p
Each time he opens his mouth to yowl I beat him to it and out yowl him. The neighbors I'm sure think I'm a whack job but it shuts him up. :p After a few minutes he gets huffy and stomps off.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hahaha MowMow that's brilliant!
I suppose I'm lucky that Bertie gets bored and goes away after a short while... Although he too is LOUD at about 5.45am. I get up anyway at 6.15 in the week so maybe he's just reminding me...

As far as suggestions go... I usually just ignore him if it's an unreasonable hour! Earplugs work well. He gets his way eventually, just not always exactly when he wants it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts