Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly close-ups, a few yawns...

You know.

Okay, kitten pics now. One thing that I learned about kittens is that they are nearly impossible to take group shots of. Without a tripod. Without several sets of hands. And good lighting. So instead, I give you this, since I am only two-handed, misplaced my tripod, and the sun went behind a cloud:

Out of nearly 50 pictures that is the best one. No lie.

The next two were taken today..

ZOMG! Did you know there is a toy above me? Why the eff are you waving that black thing in my face, then!?

Haha, see how cute I am? GIMME FEATHER TOY.

I'll settle for the plastic wand part.

Chili greets Morrigan politely. (I don't know how she does this. What happened to my KITTY OF EVIL? The one who wants to kill every living thing besides humans? She's realized they are little cats now for several weeks, and while there has been hissing, some growling, and plenty of toy theft.. no dead kittens. She hasn't even threatened them. She actually kind of likes them. I thought she could never change.)

And also, completely random, but what happened to my teensie tiny babies? The ones who could lie down in my hand and fall asleep? Those babies! vv They got so much bigger. And Morrigan started looking like a little cat instead of tortoiseshell bat.

Taking pikchures is boring. Kitteh goes to sleep now.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
I LOVE the picture of Chili and Morrigan. Cinderella would let the twins wrestle with her and jump on her back when they were small.

All of your pictures are great - the kittens are so stinkin' cute! :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys! :D Marie, that sounds so sweet. Chili is not anywhere near that tolerant - she seems to think it's fun to scare them, though. Her favorite game is to sit hiding behind something and twitch her tail every so often.. watching the kits if the can... and waiting for one to pounce, which is when she jumps up and chases the kitten away, growling and hissing. Then she goes and sits down away from them, looking so smug and utterly pleased with herself. She goes out of her way to hang out wherever they are, and loves watching them. Having them here has been a really good experience for her - it's keeping her amused and happy.

Nolan doesn't care, though. He's the sweetest little cat I've ever met, I think. Every time he sees her or one of the other cats he trots up, purring, and butts his face against their chest. Emma, who lets him do it, just sits there while he rubs his body against her and licks her cheek. The other two hiss and jump away, but he acts like he doesn't even notice it anymore. He's a pretty bombproof, steady little guy.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I LOVE the one of Chili and Morrigan!!!!!! Its so beautiful and sweet! Course I love all your pictures but that one stands out. Great shots, can't wait to see more!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Great shots! :) You do so well with indoor shots, I feel like I never have enough light... do you just use natural light?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone! I love sharing pictures with you all, everyone always has nice things to say about the kitties, and my attempts at photography.

razman01 said:
Not tired of them but I want more Fiona! Only one of her and she was in the background :(
She was being the brattiest. I have a few of her jumping in the air (I had two awesome ones.. my camera deleted them for me. Why thank you, camera. GRR. It doesn't like it when I use continuous shoot for more than 15 pics and deletes them all if I take too many), but they didn't make the cut because I was lazy. One close-up of her, but it was just.. meh. You can see more of her on my flickr page, though, there were a few I didn't post: www.flickr.com/photos/noludoru

Silver deer said:
Great shots! :) You do so well with indoor shots, I feel like I never have enough light... do you just use natural light?
Yes. Only natural light, there's no way I can afford studio lights.. or that I would even know what to do with them, LOL! The room most of these pics were taken in has glass french doors which get afternoon sun and a semi-reflective floor & white walls, so the light is pretty good for a few hours of the day. The carpeted room with the orange wall has a double window facing south and a smaller one facing east, so most parts of the room get light during most parts of the day. Besides, with reflective orange walls, how can you not catch the sunlight? :p

faile said:
what kind of camera do you use? your pictures are beautiful!
A Fujifilm S9000. And thank you. :) I'm still learning how to use it.

oh, and Lunar.. you have no idea what you just asked for. ROFL. I was at the National Capitol Cat Show today and took so many pictures of OPCs. Mostly Persians, but two gorgeous Abyssinians (mother and daughter), a few Maine Coons... not sure what else.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
The kitties are gorgeous and your photography is spectacular! Those are all calendar shots, especially the one of the three kittens together. How cute!

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
You take such professional pictures. They are always a pleasure to look at. You do an amazing job capturing them. You can never post too many picture. Well Im off to go see your pictures on Flickr.

I have trouble taking pictures of my torti foster. Yours are fabulous!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The kitties are so beautiful and the pictures are great. I especially like this one.
Such a lovely face!

I couldn't get tired of watching them and hope you'll post more.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aww thanks so much you guys! :) I do want to set things straight, though - I am no professional photographer, I am definitely an amateur. But I'm glad you like the pictures.

Sigh. We finalized when the grrrls will be going home - their new mommy had her home visit. It'll be 2-3 weeks since they will get spayed before they leave me, but I am so sad. And happy. I'm tired of feeling all that at the same time, but I guess it just goes with the territory... rescue stuff is so new to me. I will miss them so much. And I'll be kind of happy I don't have to deal with many months of kittenhood.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Your house will seem empty when they are gone. But life will seem sooo easy also! Enjoy the solitude cuz if your fostering your house will be full in no time again!

"in coming, in coming, duck! Youll feel like a kitten bomb hit again!

Im gona miss seeing 9 (soon to be 12) kittens running full bore towards my kitchen door. But I wont miss doing head counts and scooping kittens out back in the garage hoping I was counting right and didnt miss anyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts