Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Oh my goodness....thats TERRIBLE! I'm really rather speechless. How could someone do that to a poor helpless animal? It must be some possessed pot head.

·
Registered
328 Posts
That is just horrible. :cry: Poor poor cats.
About a year ago there were reports of something similar going on in London. I won't go into the details because it really was pretty disgusting, but some sick sick person was going around murdering cats and leaving the bodies outside the owners' houses.
Things like this make me SOOOOOOOOO mad. :evil: :evil: :evil: How would they like it if their friends' bodies were left outside their house? Actually, do people like that even have any friends?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Things like this make me SOOOOOOOOO mad. How would they like it if their friends' bodies were left outside their house? Actually, do people like that even have any friends?

They were probably guys who never had a girlfriend, never had a bestfriend, and lives in his own filth with a hobo named Mohammed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think the world is going mad.... :(

Just this week there were reports in the papers here in Singapore.. of 6 kittens being killed in a suburban industrial area. 4 of the 6 were found with puncture wounds... like someone stabbed the poor things. Its disgusting. I was horrified when I read the article and even more so when I saw the pictures of these cute little creatures lie dead with stab wounds....

The SPCA and the police are looking to find clues to what happened to the kitties. I hope the person(s) who did this to these defenseless kitties get a taste of their own medicine... :evil:

·
Registered
328 Posts
LiCieWishy said:

Just this week there were reports in the papers here in Singapore.. of 6 kittens being killed in a suburban industrial area. 4 of the 6 were found with puncture wounds... like someone stabbed the poor things. Its disgusting. I was horrified when I read the article and even more so when I saw the pictures of these cute little creatures lie dead with stab wounds....

The SPCA and the police are looking to find clues to what happened to the kitties. I hope the person(s) who did this to these defenseless kitties get a taste of their own medicine... :evil:
LiCieWishy, there are some crazy sick people out there, that certainly is true. Sometimes they don't know any better, they are just people who need to be helped themselves because they don't know how wrong animal cruelty is. On the other hand, many of these horrific acts were carried out by people who really are EVIL. But sometimes those sick creeps do get what they deserve. Recently there was a spate of deliberate cat poisonings, nobody knew who was killing those poor kitties until he was heard boasting to his friends that he'd 'got six cats lastnight'. I'm glad to say they arrested that freak.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
woooo hooo! i love hearing that someone gets what they deserve!

my friend was telling me about this cat-killing spree in colorado.... did you guys know that (and bear with me, i am not all that familiar with law/government) if/when the catch this person, and if they are convicted, they will only be convicted on 1 count of animal cruelty? as opposed to say, 1 sentance for every cat's life? like if they killed 100 cats, they can only be convicted for 1 count, or something like that. now, i guess, in some states, (like mine, michigan) they would be tried for however many lives they took...

yikes.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
LiCieWishy said:

Oh my gosh, they printed pictures!! :( How awful to have to see that, it is bad enough to have to imagine it.
So very sad. )))) I don't understand how anyone to do anything like this to beautiful, sweet little animals. They must be monsters.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I think there has to be stronger laws against animal cruelty. "Up to 18 months in jail"??? That is REDICULOUS. As far as I'm concerned, what he did isn't any different than if he did it to small children - animals are just as innocent and just as alive and just as loved. People do these things because they don't see that they will be punished for it. If your neighbor's kid kept tearing up your garden, you wouldn't consider poisoning him to death, but people think of doing this to cats all the time even though it is just as wrong. It makes me ill..

tanyuh

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I agree, Lori. It would be awful to see the pictures. I hope they catch those sick people. If they kill animals for pleasure, it's quite possible people will be next.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, I mean there is a difference between a human child and a cat, I mean, I wouldn't spray a kid with water and throw them outside of they broke a vase. But none-the-less, I get your point. :wink:

·
Registered
44 Posts
LiCieWishy said:

Sadly, I very much doubt the killer will be caught. With the current govt policy regarding strays, people think that since the govt kills cats, they can too. Its really sick, the singapore govt promoting cruelty to animals... to them, animal lives are not worth a thing...its bad enough that pple commit violent crimes, but even worse when they target those who cannot cry for help

·
Registered
93 Posts
The problem we have here in Singapore, I feel, is that the government did not have proper control over strays in the first place, which led to the overwhelming population of strays on our streets. Not to mention and I'm sad to say, that many Singaporeans have little or no understanding of pet ownership responsiblities.. such as spaying their pets. So both these parties are guilty!

I guess because of the recent government plans to cull strays, some people think they can take it into their own hands and kill cats. On a lighter note, they have plans now to build shelters to house strays, insteas of killing them. Thank God for that! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts