Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three of my own cats and currently have four fosters living with me. All of them have been together for over a month and living very happily (or so I thought) together.
This morning I found someone had PEED on a basket I have on the counter! Any ideas on how I can figure out WHO did this and maybe WHY ?
I have been fostering for over a year and have never had an inappropriate urination problem. I am hoping and praying this was a one-time thing and that maybe someone just got startled?
Oh my, this is going to be a tough one. :cry:

·
Registered
804 Posts
:( Peeing outside the box is often a sign of health issues... are any of them acting otherwise strangely, not eating normally, etc?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I bet your cats can tell which one peed just by the scent. If only they could talk, you could bribe them with treats to rat the rouge pee-er out.

That's a lot of cats in one house and it could very well be health issues, but it could also be too many cats and not enough litterboxes. How many boxes do you have? Also, have the cats established little territories in the house and is there a litterbox available near each territory?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts