Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had picked up a yoga CD a while back and since I can FINALLY get up and down off the floor I gave it a shot tonight. Book watched with interest and MowMow ignored me...UNTIL I got on the floor.

It totally wigged Mow out. He jumped off the bed and pawed, poked, licked, and nudged me while HOWLING the whole time. He looked like he was yelling "Man down! Man down! MEDIC!".

I finally had to lock him out but he cried outside the door until I let him back in. Not his typical locked out tantrum but like he was really distressed. I let him back in but he stayed concerned until I stood up... then he went back to the bed to supervise quietly.

Yeesh! What gives with the overprotective cat?

ETA: I LOVED the video. My back and muscles feel fantastic and loose.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was doing alot of yoga last year (I should start again) and it really upset my dogs. They would pace around and walk back and forth over me. I guess in their mind we aren't supposed to be on the floor.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think it's cute he's so worried about you. He could be a Service Cat - just teach him to dial 911 ;)

Io does this when my partner (but not me, HMMMM) plays what he calls "dead man". He just lies on the floor not moving and the cat gets more and more worked up about it until she bites his nose.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Too funny! Somebody is always on the floor here so our cats would be like, Meh, whatever, dude. I guess that's one benefit of living in a household with adults, kids, and teenagers... not much fazes them. Often there is someone sleeping on the floor.

I used to do Yoga on the wii fit but I haven't in a long time, since the wii got moved to my son's room. I liked it, maybe I should get a dvd. Ollie will probably try to do the poses since he is a copy cat.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
When you're on the floor, you are supposed to be playing with him...not doing funny motions and ignoring him!

They will probably get used it it, the more you do it & they realize there is nothing "wrong" with you.

I used to do alot of exercise dvds...really need to start again. It's that motivation thing. But I do have to watch to make sure a kitty isn't where I need to put a body part, espeically with kicking motions...

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
I can just hear Mow yelling for the medic. How sweet. When I am on the floor stretching or exercising Bob rolls around and head butts me and will do anything that he can to get my attention. He thinks it's our special time..lol.

I have tried yoga, tai chi, and stretching and have found all of it to be wonderful for my muscles and balance.

I have done the same stretching routine almost nightly for over 2 years and can always tell if I have missed a night, or two. I add different ones if I am having a problem with a specific area (for example if my hips are hurting).

·
Registered
435 Posts
I adopted Ritz from a home that had no television or DVD/VHS player. So I get her home and the first time she comes out from under the sofa what does she see on tv: an exercise program! She just kind of looked at it and walked away. She had the same reaction last week when I did a yoga class on one of the cable tv channels. Ritz was interested in the smell of the yoga mat but not much else.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MowMow is over it now. He just perches on something and watches me. Shepherd Book on the other hand has decided that since I'm there it's a good time to rub all over me and rumble like a diesel engine. I finished up this mornings deep relaxation with him rubbing all over my big toe......

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I have tried yoga at home with the cats in the room. They want to join in and are very distracting plopping down where you need to lean your hand or foot so for the most part, if I need to do stuff like that at home, I just lock them out. I once almost kicked one of them when I was doing 'step' so for their safety and mine, they wait outside now :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts