Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I'm new here.
I have 2 kitties. A year and a half shorthaired white/tabby mix called Mei and a 10 week old all black shorthair called Jinksi.
I'm having a problem with the older cat at the moment. She obviously isn't very enamoured with our new edition and hisses and growls whenever she gets sight of Jinksi. She is spending nearly all of the day outside in the garden (I'm guessing because there is no Jinksi smell) and is slightly off her food.
I know it's only been a few days and that it will take a bit of time for her to become accustomed to but should I be letting her out all of the time? She comes in, smells the air and immediately scratches at the door to be let out (which she doesn't usually do) I've been letting her out but don't know whether or not this is the right thing to do as she seems to be 'running' from the problem. Should I just let her avoid us all the time? I really don't want to run the risk of her turning tail and leaving. Mei is a very independant cat. The opposite of a lap cat. She only likes my partner to climb on for a couple of minutes an evening.
It's a shame because little Jinksi is wonderful and very keen to say Hi to Mei and play around but as soon as Mei growls she backs off.
So any suggestions?
Do I keep letting Mei out and not have her in the house? Or do I keep her in for a while 'forcing ' (for lack of a better word) her to become familiar with Jinksi scent?
She's now howling to be let out. I guess I better let her out.
I'm looking forward to exploring this site and it's forums more.
Any help will be welcomely received! :?: :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts